What ifs

Jennie

It's already 7pm when we arrived at our hotel which is Fundacion Pacita. Kumain na muna kami ng hapunan bago kami pumunta sa hotel room namin para magpahinga. Sobrang tahimik ni Lisa simula pa kanina pagkagaling namin sa Lighthouse pero hindi na ko nagtangkang magtanong pa kung bakit. I let her be hanggang pagpasok namin sa room. Lisa opened the room door for me and I took time to roam my eyes around, kung saan hindi ko nagawa kanina dahil Lisa wants us to move our butts early para raw maenjoy namin ang Batanes. The room was inspired by a traditional Ivatan home-made of local stone. combines organic design and interiors with contemporary comforts, with Narra flooring, wooden furnishings and artworks made by some Filipino artists which makes it more welcoming. Pagpasok pa lang ay bumungad na sa amin ang malaking sala na may malaking sofa facing a 50 inch flatscreen tv. When I turned my gaze on the left I saw a big door made of Narra, which I assumed is the bedroom. Lisa plumped down on the sofa, she leaned on her back comfortably to it, spread her arms resting on the back rest and she closed her eyes. She looks really tired. Until now di pa rin siya nagsasalita. I wonder what she's thinking.

My thoughts were cut when she suddenly opened her eyes and talked.

"You take the room, I'll take this" she said while tapping the sofa where she sits.

I nod at saka ko kinuha yung maleta ko na nakatabi sa gilid ng sofa. I went inside the room at agad na bumungad sakin ang napakalaking kama. The king size bed was very inviting as it looks very comfortable. The bedside table which is made out of Narra was perfectly carved and looks very elegant on the side of the bed. Katulad ng bedside table gawa rin sa Narra ang mga cabinet na nakadikit sa dingding. May flatscreen tv rin na nakalapat sa pader sa harap ng kama. I checked on the bathroom and there was a rain shower sprinklers, tiled floor, a there' a native inspired cabinet made out of Narra too. After I checked the bathroom ay pumunta naman ako sa nakasarang sliding door covered by a huge curtain. Behind this door is a huge balcony facing the sea, pero dahil gabi na, madilim na at hindi na kita ang ganda ng dagat but when I looked up, I saw how beautiful the stars are. There's rattan chairs in the middle of the balcony where you can sit and while watching the stars above. Pero dahil sa lakas at lamig ng hanging dumadampi sa katawan ko ay nagdesisyon na muna akong bumalik sa kwarto. Eveything about this room shouts comfort and relaxation but I was taken aback when I remembered Lisa sleeping on the couch again. Bigla akong nakonsensya. How can I sleep comfortably here kung alam kong nahihirapan naman siya dun sa sofa sa labas, so I decided to go outside and asked her to sleep here with me since malaki naman masyado para sakin yung kama.

When I opened the door I looked for her but she's not in the sofa. Where would she be? Umupo na lang muna ko para hintayin yung pagbabalik niya nang biglang bumukas ang isang pintuan at bumungad sakin si Lisa. She's wet. Mukhang kakatapos niya lang maligo. She's drying her hair with white towel and she's only wearing a bathrobe which is a little bit short for her exposing her long legs. I stared at her from head to toe and I cannot deny the fact that she looks really hot and I unconsciously bite my lower lip and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Like what you see?" tanong niya na nagpabalik sakin sa realidad.

I saw how she smirked at me bago siya nagsalita ulit.

"You need something?"

"Nope. I was just thinking kung gusto mong tumabi na lang sakin... I mean matulog sa kwarto. Ma-malaki naman yung kama"

Shit! Why am I stuttering? And why am I feeling so hot now?

She smiled.

"Sure!" excited niya namang sagot sabay hila ng maleta niya papasok sa kwarto.