three

{ chapter three ~ two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve }

It was cozy inside of the dam, which was the home to Mr. and Mrs. Beaver. Mila smiled, the dimness reminded her of Mr. Tumnus' home, just this home was less cluttered with books.

"Is there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" Peter asked as Mila sat down beside him and Susan. "They would have taken him to the Witch's house." Mr. Beaver replied hope had left his eyes. "It's not possible." Mila butted in, "As much as I want to help him, the Witch's house isn't an option. I'd rather be killed later rather than sooner." The Beavers agreed, "There's few that go through them gates that come out alive." Mrs. Beaver attempted to lighten up the situation by handing everyone a plate of fish and chips, she then continued to stare at Mila as a mother would. Mila nodded before attempting to dig into the food, she knew Mrs. Beaver wanted her to be healthy, and she complied. After all, she never really had a mother figure. "But there is hope! Isn't there dear?" She said turning to her husband, who choked on his drink, "Oh yeah! There's a lot more than blooming hope! Aslan is on the move!" The little Princess kept in her chuckle at the confused, but complying faces of the three Pevensies. "Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked. He had been so quiet Mila had forgotten he was even there. "Who's Aslan?" Mr. Beaver chuckled, thinking the four were joking. "You cheeky little blighter!" He carried on laughing, only stopping when he felt the harsh glares of his wife and the awkward cough of Mila. "You don't know do ya?" Mila shook her head, "Well they've only just gotten hear." Peter nodded in agreement. "Well, he's only the King of the whole wood! The top geezer. The practical God of Narnia!" Mila caught Edmund's gaze before she watched him walk off. "He's been away!" "And now he's back!" Mr. Beaver butted in, "And he's waiting for ya at the stone table!" Lucy looked at Mila before talking to the Beaver. "He's waiting for us?" Beaver began getting slightly angry which caused Mila to step back to behind the group. "You're blooming joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!" Peter turned back to the girl, giving her a confused smile, "I've been trying to tell you since you arrived." She told him before sitting back down.

"Look. Aslan's return. Tumnus arrest. The secret police. It's all happening because of you!" Beaver said as he made the points on his paws. "You're blaming us?" Susan shouted before turning to Mila. "I'm just as confused as you." She whispered, "I know about the prophecy and I don't even understand." She whispered which earned a quiet chuckle. "Not blaming! Thanking." Mrs. Beaver suddenly mentioned. "There's a prophecy. When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sit at Cair Paravel in Throne, the evil time will be over and done." He finished. "You know that doesn't really rhyme..." Susan sarcastically replied. "What he's trying to say is your it. You're the rulers, the saviors essentially." Mila sighed, "It's happened before. Hundred of years ago. My father." Peter raised his hand like a school child wanting to ask a question. "Your father? Hundreds of years ago?" She nodded.

"When my father and his sisters were killed by the White Witch I was on the run for a while. I was 14 when she found me. I should have died that day, but Aslan saved me. He said I was the hope, I had a destiny to fulfill. I'm still unsure about that but it has something to do with you four." Peter nodded, "So you are hundreds of years old." Mila nodded, "Essentially but let's not talk about that." She quickly dismissed.