fifteen

{ chapter fifteen ~ Aslan }

Lucy let out a sigh as she practiced pointing her dagger. She sat beside Mila who simply enjoyed the beautiful, Narnian sunset as it sunk deeper below the luscious, green grass of the mountain. "What do you think was wrong with Aslan?" The little girl suddenly asked, her voice loud over the previous silence. "You saw him too?" Mila asked, remembering the sadness on Aslan's face as the White Witch left camp. "He didn't seem very happy about saving you or Edmund." Lucy worried, "What if something went wrong? And Aslan didn't want to tell you? What if..." Mila shook her head, stopping the girl in her tracks. "I'm unsure of what he did to save us Lu, but Aslan wouldn't lie about it. If Ed and I's fates were to die upon that stone table, it probably would have happened by now." The little Queen nodded, "Your probably right Mi. I'm happy you and Ed will be okay." Mila swung an arm around the girl as they carried on watching the hazy sky turn a deep blue. "I'm happy I get to spend more time with you. I've always wanted a sister, and now I get two. You and Su." Mila chuckled, as she tightly hugged the girl.

"Susan!" Lucy Pevensie whispered into the darkness of her shared tent. The shadow of a lion creeping past didn't go unnoticed. The two girls instantly rushed up. "We should get Mila," Lucy told her older sister as she watched Aslan wander off into the woods. "Let her sleep, we'll only be a minute," Susan replied. "Come on, we'll have to be quiet."

Mila shivered slightly as the cold night air blew into her tent, accompanied by some pink petals. She sat up quickly, her heart beating so fast she was surprised no one could hear it. "Be still, my Princess. I bring news from Lucy and Susan." After hearing the news Mila rushed from her tent. "Is it true? He's gone?" Peter nodded slightly. "Where are Susan and Lu?" Mila asked, "They're safe." Mila let out a sigh of relief, at least the boy's message was a little more detailed. "Then you'll have to lead us." Edmund suddenly said. "Peter, there's an army out there. They're ready to follow you." The pretty boy with blue eyes shook his head. "I can't." Edmund frowned. "Aslan believed you could!" Mila stepped forward. "I believe you can." Edmund agreed.

"The witch's army is nearing Sire, what are your orders?" Mila nodded towards the boy, who had looked at her for help. "Go with your instinct. You'll lead us to victory Peter."

Edited - 19/04/2023