seven

{ chapter seven  ~  Prince Caspian }

{ chapter seven ~ Prince Caspian }

Her husband was missing.

Mila could fondly remember her beautiful evening with Peter as they gazed into the firefly lit sky, she also remembered falling asleep happily by his side. Yet when she woke, he was nowhere to be seen. Mila hoped it wasn't a dream, her mind taunting her because she was too stubborn. The young Queen sat up. Only to realise, not only was Peter missing, but Lucy too. "Wake up." Mila suddenly said, a little louder than she had anticipated. But she was worried if the Telmarines wanted to pick apart their group they would go for the youngest and seemingly the most vulnerable and the High King. "Wake up." She said again, this time she heard the groans from the three still, sleeping figures. "Peter and Lu are gone," Mila told them as she frantically searched for anything that could have told her where the two could be or if anyone had taken them. "Hurry up!" She bossed the two Pevensies and Trumpkin around. "Alright, alright," Edmund said as he rested a hand on his best friend's shoulder. "We'll find them." Mila breathed a sigh of relief. "Peter and I apologised last night, or I think we did. I need to know it wasn't a dream." She told him, which caused him to laugh. "Come on Mrs. Pevensie, let's go find your husband." Mila rolled her eyes as the group began to walk through the forest. "And Lu." She told him.

Mila couldn't be bothered to take in the stunning Narnian surroundings on such a pretty morning. Instead, she ferociously cut down thorns with her sword as she and the group searched for her husband. The harsh sound of metal on metal soon filled her ears. "This way." She told the group as they began to head up a small hill. "No stop!" Mila quickened her pace at the worried shouts of Lucy Pevensie. "Peter!" Susan and Mila both yelled at the sight of the blonde and an army. "Are you alright?" Mila hurriedly said as she checked over Lucy like a worried mother. "I'm okay." The youngest told her, reassuring her worried, motherly persona.

Mila glances around at the large group of Narnians. Centaurs, Fawns, Dwarves, Jaguars, Tigers, Bears, the lot, all stood around one single boy. "High King Peter." He spoke, and Mila joined her husband's side. She was unsure whether they were still fighting or not but she took his hand and luckily he wrapped his own around hers. "I believe you called." Peter smiled. "Yes but, I thought you'd be older." Mila chuckled, "Well if you'd like we can come back in a few years." Prince Caspian, or who she had presumed to be, shook his head, "No, that's alright. Your not exactly what I expected." He told them, his eyes lingering on Susan, Mila glanced at the girl and made a mental note to gossip about it later. "Neither are you," Edmund spoke up, his eyes following many creatures who had previously been followers of the White Witch. "A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." Mila heard a badger say. "We've anxiously awaited your return my liege." Mila and Peter turned to see a mouse. "Our hearts and swords are at your service." He told them as he bowed. "Oh my god, he's so cute." Lucy squealed, causing most to laugh. "Who said that?" He asked, his polite voice turning a lot more defensive. "Sorry." Lucy nervously smiled. "Oh uh. Your Majesty, with the greatest respect. I do believe "courageous", "courteous" or "chivalrous" might more befit a Knight of Narnia." Mila smiled at the small mouse. "Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Peter snarkily replied, a grin on his face as he turned to Caspian. "Oh come on Peter, there was a time when you couldn't handle a sword either." The young Queen turned to Caspian, "I'm Mila." She told him, a friendly smile on her face as she shook his hand. "Don't take everything, my husband says seriously." He smiled, "For your army, Sire." Mila quickly turned at that. "Good." Peter said, "Because we're going to need all the swords we can get." Caspian grinned, "Well, then you will probably be wanting yours back." Peter snatched the sword from the Prince's hand. And before she knew it, he had retaken her hand and the two had begun to walk to wherever.

Mila was unsure why Peter didn't like Caspian. She had barely met him but he seemed nice enough. And on a positive note, he gathered their army and he knew the new land well. Surely the Narnians would win this war.

edited - 20/04/2023