nineteen

{ chapter nineteen  ~  for Narnia }

{ chapter nineteen ~ for Narnia }

The remainder of the brutal, yet somewhat beautiful battle played out. Swords were swung and metal continually clicked. Gasps and grunts were heard from the two fighters and cheers of succession were heard often from each Kingdom. Through Mila's eyes, everything was in slow motion, her hand was firmly gripped Edmund's again as she watched Peter and Miraz brutally attack one another. There were countless times Mila gasped out as one of Miraz's heartless blows almost stroked Peter's chest or head. Her ring span continuously around her finger as she fiddled with it. The cooling metal hitting her nerves and calming them that tiny, little bit.

Miraz had the upper hand. No Peter had the upper hand. No Miraz did. No Peter did. No Miraz. No, Peter. It was thrown backward and forwards like that for a while until Peter Pevensie took one last blow. One blow that caused King Miraz to groan in agony as he fell to the floor. "Respite." He snarled. "Respite." Again, only this time he struggled to say in due to the pain that took over his miserable and selfish body. "Now's not the time for chivalry, Peter!" Edmund yelled. "Show no mercy!" Mila whispered. However, Peter simply paused, which confused every single bystander.

Peter began walking, instead of killing just wanting to settle the duel with his win. However, Miraz had other plans as his sword swung high above Peter's head. "Look out!" "Peter!" Of course, due to the shouts of his family and his quick reflexes, he avoided Miraz's blow and instead plunged the sword into his stomach. Once again, he hesitated. "What's the matter, boy?" Miraz spoke. "Too cowardly to take a life?" Peter glanced at him. "It's not mine to take." He simply stated before handing his sword to Caspian.

Peter took Mila into his arms as he watched Caspian's every movement. The young Prince angled his sword, ready to kill the heartless uncle who had taken everything from him. "Perhaps I was wrong, maybe you do have the makings of a Telmarine King after all." Miraz taunted. Prince Caspian screamed, however, the sword he held didn't plummet into Miraz's skull nor did it bring the man any harm. Instead, it settled nicely before him. "Not one like you," Caspian told him. "Keep your life." Mila smiled, "But I am giving the Narnians back their kingdom."

A cheering erupted. They had actually won. The Narnians had won without stooping to the low ways of the Telmarines. Peter forced Mila to face him. His gorgeous blue eyes stared adoringly into her deep ones before he closed them and kissed her passionately. However, their sweet and loving moment was cut short. Mila pulled away from the kiss at the sound of Miraz groaning. An arrow, Susan's arrow to be precise clung to Miraz's back. Mila and Peter glanced toward Susan who gave a confused look just like them. The Telmarines were dirty cheaters, and that's exactly what they did, they cheated. Peter still held Mila close, as he watched what was going to happen next. "Treachery! They shot him!" Glozelle called. "They murdered our King!!" Peter instantly turned to the awaiting troops. "Be ready!"

Edited - 20/04/2023