two

{ chapter one  ~  Aslan }

It had been weeks since Mila had made her wish on that shooting star, and she was beginning to lose hope of it ever coming true. In fact, she was positive her wish wouldn't come true.

She had watched Caspian leave on his voyage for the 7 Lords a week or two ago. She was invited, of course, however, she thought remaining on a boat with nothing but the ocean would be extremely boring. So instead she stayed within the castle, with nothing but her thoughts and books to bother her.

The sun was rising rather late on that Sunday morning. The Hopeful Queen sat on one of the many stone walls of the castle courtyard, she allowed the colours of navy, pink, orange, and light blue to consume her as she read a book titled 'The Great King' or as Mila called it, the diary of her father. She clung to the pages like her life depended on it, the book was her only case of serotonin when it came to her father and mother. Mila's deep pools of honey stared at the sunset, the words of her father being repeated in her mind, she didn't need to read the pages, his words were engraved in her head.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning, a sunset like no other... the day my gorgeous girl, the source of my life, my Princess Mila Jones was born.

She had read the page on her birth, maybe a thousand times, her father's words of excitement made her miss and love him so much more.

A sharp flash of light took Mila's attention away from the immaculate sunrise. It was almost as if a thunderstorm had begun out of the blue, however, the 'lightning' ceased just as fast as it came. "Hello, dear one." she heard. It was an easily distinguishable voice. One that had come to her so many times in dreams and of course many time's before in person. "Aslan." Mila grinned before gracefully jumping down from the wall and rushing towards the beautiful lion. The young Queen flung her arms around him. "I see you've changed your mind about staying here, Mila." She nodded against his mane, "Narnia will always be my home, it just doesn't feel right without Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. I miss them dearly Aslan." He nodded, understanding the girl's pain. "You wish to go home?" He questioned, which Mila quickly nodded, understanding exactly what Aslan was talking about. "I do." She told him. Mila watched as Aslan gently bowed his head as if to grant her wish. "Oh, but Casp." She quickly said, "I will let him know, dear one." Mila smiled. "Tell him I'll miss him. And thank you for everything. Oh and that I love him, and I'll never forget him." Aslan nodded once more. "Oh and Aslan!" She called as the Lion shook his head once more. "I'll never forget you." She smiled before closing her eyes.

"Oh sorry, love." a stranger's voice said to her, Mila opened her eyes quickly. The stunning and quiet courtyard had been changed to a hustling and bustling marketplace. "Oh, it's my fault really!" She called back. Mila smiled, her outfit had changed, a knee-length skirt with a matching blouse and cardigan. Perfectly fitting for her life in... Mila searched for a sign. Oxford. It wasn't Finchley, she thought a sigh escaping her lips, but surely she was there for a reason.

Edmund and Lucy Pevensie had been joined by their cousin Eustace Scrubb on that weekly market trip. Their chatter consisted of Narnia, their adventure fresh in their mind as they had only just returned. "She looks like the girl from the portrait. The one in the map room." Eustace said to his cousins as they grasped a few apples from one of the many stalls. "Peter's wife, Mila." Edmund and Lucy quickly shot around at his words. "It can't be." Lucy gasped. "It really can't be." A small laugh escaped Edmund's lips as he began hurriedly walking towards the girl. "Hello, Stranger." He simply said, causing the girl to turn around.

"Edmund!" Mila almost squealed as she flung her hands around the boy who was now a lot taller than she was. "You've grown!" She smiled, looking up at his tall frame. "Oh, Lu." Mila shook her head. "Look at you!" She smiled, "You've grown into a beautiful young woman!" She chuckled before tightly squeezing her as well as Edmund.

Mila joined the three on their shopping trip. She had been reunited with her family. Well, the majority, she'd have to wait a little longer for Peter and Su.

Edited - 20/04/2023