eighteen

{ chapter eighteen  ~  home again }

{ chapter eighteen ~ home again }

Princess Mila walked the large halls of Cair Paravel alone. She stopped at a certain framed painting at the end of the hall. "Forever and always." She whispered to herself as she stood before the painting. An angelic-looking woman accompanied by a strong King and a small Princess looked down upon her. A painting of her family, a painting that King Alexander had requested to be made after the death of his Queen. She smiled. "How are you feeling?" Aslan asked the girl as she observed the painting. "It's good to be home." She told him, her fingers fiddling with the necklace that hung around her neck. A small version of the painting lay inside the locket that dangled atop her heart, her 16th birthday present that her father gave her early.  "Your nervous?" He noticed. "There's a lot of people." She honestly told him. "Do you think I'm ready? To be a ruler I mean?" Aslan laughed as he looked at the independent girl. "Of course your ready, dear one. You always have been." She sighed, "But what if I disappoint everyone?" He shook his head, "Have courage, dear heart." Mila smiled, "You always speak such words of wisdom Aslan." She told the lion as they both walked the way to join the others.

Mila watched as the Pevensies made their way to their rightful throne. She grinned at Edmund, a look of excitement on his face. Her eyes followed Peter, her High King. Her boyfriend.
"To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant." Mila smiled at the young girl as she accepted her small crown from her dear friend Mr. Tumnus. "To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just." Mila chuckled at the boy, who smirked once his silver crown had been sat upon his head. "To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan the Gentle." Mila nodded to the girl, who looked as radiant as ever. "And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter the Magnificent!" Mila bit her lip slightly as the one she loved gazed upon her. "Once a King or Queen of Narnia. Always a King or Queen of Narnia. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the Heavens."

"All hail King Peter, long live King Edmund, long live Queen Susan, long live Queen Lucy!"

"Princess Mila." Aslan suddenly said, which caused the chanting to silence. The lion tilted his head slightly towards the young King. Peter held his hand out, an excited grin on his face. Mila hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do. "Join him, Mila. Join your King." Orious whispered, giving the girl a hint.

She smiled before walking towards Peter who had begun to stand. "From the beauty of Queen Kenna, to the wisdom and strength of King Alexander. I give you, Queen Mila the Hopeful." Aslan told the crowd, causing Mila's smile to grow wide as Peter presented her with a golden tiara of her own. "If you'll have it?" He whispered, he watched as the girl smiled before he placed it lightly onto her curled hair. "The crown belonged to your mother, now it belongs to you," Aslan told the girl, as he blessed the two. Peter took his seat again, and Mila stood strong beside him. "Long Live Queen Mila," Aslan called.
The young Queen smiled brightly as the crowd chanted.

Her life was just beginning, and luckily she was spending it with new friends, a beautiful family, and most of all, the boy of her dreams. Her soulmate, Peter Pevensie.

The End... of this chapter anyway.

Edited - 19/04/2023