ten

{ chapter ten ~ bundles of joy }

Labour is a magical process of bringing life into the world. And Mila felt like a Queen doing it, especially when her King was by her side as they brought their little Prince and Princess into the world. "A beautiful baby girl, Mila." She heard the nurse say. "Now a little more, my dear. Your boy is coming."

Before Mila and Peter knew it, they each held their joyous bundle of joys. Alexandra Pevensie was born first, on a beautiful summer evening accompanied by a stunning sunset. She was healthy and happy, just as she should be in the arms of a Narnian King and Queen. Markus Pevensie was born shortly after, like his elder sister he was happy and healthy.

Mila and Peter returned home with their babies a day after the birth, where they were welcomed by the loving arms of their family. "So where are Edmundina and Edmund Jr," Edmund announced as the two opened the door. "Ed you need to get it into your head that giving my child your name or something similar would be like cursing them." Mila chuckled as she hugged the boy. She and Peter were greeted quickly by the remained of the family. "So my grandbabies." Helen excitedly said as she approached the two bundles. "Look at the little bundles of joy! Have you two decided on names? Or are you still struggling?" Mark said, his eyes never leaving the two. "Alexandra and Markus." Mila smiled. "After the fathers who shaped our lives," Peter said as he pulled his father in for a hug.

"Well hello, Markus Edmund Jr Pevensie. I'm your uncle." Mila sniggered as she overheard Edmund speak to his nephew. Of course, Edmund wasn't his middle name, it was Orious. She simply shook her head, giving him this moment. "Aren't they beautiful?" Susan ushered to her fiancé. "Your next." Mila chuckled, which caused the girl to aggressively shake her head. "Not after your thirty-two hour labour. That put me off."

It was a truly beautiful sight to see, the whole Pevensie family together in the same room without someone squabbling. Well, apart from the occasional comment from Edmund about how Mila's next baby should be named after him. The Hopeful Queen stood back for a moment, as she took the sight in almost as if she wanted to capture it perfectly so it would sit perfectly alongside her other memories. "Your mum and dad would be so proud, Mi," Peter whispered as he too, observed his mum and dad fawning over the twins; their twins. "I know." Mila agreed, simply because she knew her parents would be proud, and hearing Peter's constant reminder of that comforted her.

"Oh, Mila," Helen called as she stood at the table. "This was left for you and Peter. It's a baby gift." Mila took her husband's hand as she approached the gift. "No name?" Peter questioned as he glanced at the simple yet extravagant gift bag. "No," Mila replied. "Strange. What is it?" A small gasp escaped the girl's mouth as she grasped the two items of clothing. Baby grows. One pink, one blue. Both delicately stitched with a gold satin lace. Mila chuckled as a tear fell from her eye. "Lune." She whispered. "A little bit of Narnia for our bundles of joy."

After the night had fallen, and everyone had left for their rightful homes. Mila and Peter had curled up on the sofa, twins in arms as they snoozed soundly. "They're perfect, don't you think." Mila sleepily fawned as she glanced up at her husband, he nodded. "Our little Prince and Princess." Mila chuckled. "Do you think they'll get to see Narnia too?" She pondered. "I don't want them to miss a single bit if it's magic." Peter smiled. "I hope so." He grinned, "However they won't walk in blindly like we did. Because they'll hear of all our magical stories and adventures." Mila chuckled. "They'll love it."

Edited -21/04/2023