one

{ chapter one  ~  boring, old England }

The first few weeks in Finchley were rather fascinating to the young Queen. Mila Jones, as she had returned to, found the quaint town to be one that spiked the interest of many. Especially her. Mila enjoyed learning, quickly, about the world her 'boyfriend' and family had grown up in. She found cars and buses rather fascinating. And science and maths seemed to speak to her. Mila Jones had picked up on the normal way of living in the real world rather quickly.

But the weeks soon turned to months. And those months grew long and Mila, soon realised she didn't truly belong in Finchley, England. She longed for home. Her dreams were often filled with all things that reminded her of home, even the simplest of things like the flowers she loved. Narnia had begun to feel like a far-off memory. She longed to return, and although she was with Peter like she vowed to stay. She wanted to run far away from Finchley. Every time she went to sleep in her pitiful little dorm, she prayed and wished she would be lying side by side with her King, in their bedroom in Narnia...

The young girl groaned as she pulled on the tacky uniform she had been forced to wear the past year. The professor, her Uncle, had set everything up for her, she was to attend the same school as the Pevensie girls, but she would remain there during the week in the boarding house. On weekends she could go home with the Pevensies if that was alright with their mother. Which it always was, Helen Pevensie had fallen in love with the idea of her eldest finding love.

Mila spent the day answering questions with ease. She longed for the day to quickly be over so she could return to the Pevensies' home with Peter for the weekend. The sound of the ringing bell brought her comfort as she grabbed her bag and her science books which she kept in her hand before she darted through the crowds of people to the exit of the large school building. Peter slouched by the gates, a grin quickly forming on his face as he saw the girl rush towards him.

As soon as she reached him, Mila felt herself get wrapped into the arms of Peter Pevensie. "How was your day, my love?" He asked her, he always enjoyed how she talked of school, she never grew bored of the place, that's what he thought anyway. "We read Romeo and Juliet today." Mila grinned as the two walked hand in hand as they made their way to the tube Station. "Shakespeare has a way with words, he's quite romantic, don't you think, love?" He nodded, "I guess your class hasn't gotten 'round to reading Macbeth yet." Mila shook her head, her soft, curled hair blowing in the wind as cars sped past. Mila turned slightly. "I still don't understand how they work." She told the boy who chuckled. "I thought you liked Physics?" He questioned as he pointed to the science books she held close to her chest. "I haven't gotten round to that yet, Peter! Biology is too full of information, and it's so interesting!" Peter shook his head as he and the girl he loved made their way to the platform where they would reunite with his siblings, "I've never met anyone who was so passionate about science." He told her before he and Mila were bumped.