four

{ chapter four  ~  home }

{ chapter four ~ home }

Mila Jones wasn't quite sure how to react when Edmund Pevensie approached her with nothing but a blindfold in hand. He muttered something about a surprise and Peter. "Do I have to be blindfolded, Ed?" The now 18 year old groaned as she followed, who she presumed, was Edmund out of Helen and Mark Pevensies' home.

Peter frantically rushed around the newly bought house. White paint littered his forehead from the previous day, he hadn't had time to scrub it properly, mainly from the excitement of his surprise. "A little to the right Su." He pointed as he quickly positioned throw pillows onto a cream coloured sofa. "Honestly, I can't believe we had you plan everything in Narnia, your not a perfectionist at all." The eldest muttered, causing Lucy to chuckle as she polished the kitchen counter.

The taxi driver didn't utter a word as a blindfolded Mila Jones stepped into the back of his car. He simply looked and chuckled as Edmund attempted to explain the situation without giving too much away. Mila's ears were perked, she was waiting eagerly and anxiously for Edmund to slip up, as he always did.  He was never really good at surprises; in fact, Mila was pretty impressed at how he kept the engagement back in Narnia a surprise. A groan escaped her perfectly painted rouge lips, "Are we almost there Edmund? I'm feeling quite sick." She muttered to him. "Almost." He simply said, however, the two remained in the back of the taxi for another 20 minutes.

The girl waited patiently as Edmund paid the driver, however without her sight she was slightly growing frantic of her whereabouts. "We don't have to walk far if that's what you're worrying about." Edmund chuckled as he took his friend's hand, the ring she usually wore was missing, however, it hung safely around her neck.

Peter played with the small piece of jewelry that hung from his neck, like his wife, he fiddled with their wedding ring when nervous or slightly stressed. It was as if one another were each other's calm. "What if she hates it?" Peter groaned as he once again began frantically placing objects around the house. He had rushed upstairs at least 4 times in the past 10 minutes. "She won't." Susan simply stated as she sat at the dining table, she smiled as she placed some flowers into a vase, yellow ones, just like the ones from Narnia. "What if she wants to stay at home, with Mum and Dad?" Lucy shook her head, "We live a stone's throw away Pete, you and Mi can visit all the time. Besides, we'll probably be here all the time." Peter's eyes were frantic as he searched for a problem with the house, and just as he was about to mumble something, the front door swung open.

"Sorry." Edmund gasped, his force throwing the door open so quickly it caused a loud bang. "Honestly Ed! Are you trying to give me a heart attack!" Mila retorted. "Please tell me we're here? My feet hurt from that 'five minute' walk." She shot, clearly annoyed at the 10 minute walk rather than the 5 minute one Edmund had promised. "I got lost!" The boy shouted, defending himself. "And to answer your question yes we are here." He watched Mila for a moment, "And no you can't take the blindfold off yet." He mumbled, dodging the arm that came flying towards him, as well as the sigh. "All I'm allowed to say now is take 10 steps forwards."

Mila was quick to follow his orders, "If I fall, I'm going to kill you Edmund Pevensie." She heard a chuckle. "I wanted to trip you but Peter said I couldn't." Mila shook her head, a smile on her face. "Where is Peter anyways." She questioned before bumping into a figure. "I'm right here, my love."

The sudden voice of Peter Pevensie probably would've startled her, however, it brought warmth. "Can I take this god forsaken mask off?" She mumbled to him, her hands reaching up to the buff shoulder padding of his blazer. Peter didn't answer, he simply removed the blindfold to reveal his wife's stunning honey-pooled eyes. "Where are we, Pete?" She simply asked. Peter watched as her eyes lit up as she looked around the living, dining, and kitchen area of the small house. "Our home," Peter told her, his eyes staring lovingly. "Since we're 18 now I thought it would be best to move out from my mum's. We need our privacy Mi, we're adults now." He told her. Mila's small and delicate-looking face turned into a large grin. "Our home?" She repeated, causing Peter to nod. "You did this all by yourself? For us?" Peter shrugged, "Well Susan and Lu helped." He honestly said, mainly because of the glare Susan was giving him from her position on the dining table as if to warn him.

Mila turned to Edmund, "I'm guessing you did absolutely nothing." She chuckled, a nod coming from the two girls. "I did a lot actually!" Edmund protested, his gaze on the freshly stocked pantry. "Name one thing you did." Peter chuckled. "Well, um, I." He paused for a moment. "No, your right, I did nothing."

It was their first night in the house, the tv sounded around the house; the usual weekly game show played, however, the two lovers didn't care to watch. Instead, they cuddled one another on the cream sofa. Peter's arms were tightly wrapped around Mila as she sleepily stared lovingly into his crystal eyes. "You still have paint on your head." She softly said, before sinking lower into her world of dreams.

Peter simply watched her, not bothering to move his hand up in an attempt to remove the paint from his head. Instead, he smiled down at his wife, his girlfriend, his destiny.

She was home.
He was home.
They were home.

Edited - 21/04/2023