one

{ chapter one - a simple wish upon a shooting star }

A firm, but gentle gaze rested upon the slowly sinking burning ball of fire. Queen Mila hadn't moved all day, her mind wandered around the castle of her mind, and one sturdy stone wall held her memories safe and sound. Caspian was constantly busy, planning some sort of voyage, it bored her, which was rather strange because Mila would never pass up an adventure. However, voyages and horse rides were never the same without the Pevensies.

Her dark and captivating eyes shifted for the first time in what felt like forever at the sight of light shooting past her. A shooting star. Mila watched as it soared, a small smile forming on her lips as a blush coated her cheeks. Oh how Peter would've loved to see that shooting star, how he would've watched it from a different perspective. He would've watched it glisten and glimmer within his wife's eyes. She thought about him for a moment, only a moment, any moment longer she would be overcome with a flood of salty water.

The young Queen continued to watch the soaring beauty until it was almost out of sight. Then a small, brilliant, and possibly pointless idea formed in her pretty, little head. She chewed the inside of her lip, quickly shut her eyes, and crossed her fingers before quickly thinking the same thing over.

"Take me home Aslan, please return me home."

Mila remained against the cold stone wall with her eyes tightly shut for some while after the star had retreated to wherever it may have landed. She only opened her eyes at the sound of hurried footsteps and panting. "Mila!" Caspian called from the other end of the hall. "Did you see that shooting star!" He shouted, his accent thick, but clear. "Truly remarkable wasn't it? Oh, please say you saw it!" Mila chuckled at her frantic friend before nodding. "Of course, I saw it, Casp." She told him. "I even made a wish." She said, her tone going from a much happy one to a slightly sadder one. If her wish upon a shooting star came true, she would have to leave Narnia... forever and Caspian, who had been nothing but good to her. She'd miss them, of course, but Mila knew; her rightful home was with Peter. "What did you wish for?" Caspian prodded, although the voice in the back of his head already knew the answer. "Well if I told you it wouldn't come true." She simply said, before reverting her gaze back to the now deep blue sky.

Edited - 20/04/2023