seven

{ chapter seven ~ the proposal

{ chapter seven ~ the proposal... again }

Mila gasped before rushing towards his knelt figure. "Mila Jones." Peter grinned. "We've already been through the whole romance of a proposal but I want to do this properly." He said as he took her hand, Mila knelt to his level. "Mila Jones, I could watch you for a single minute and think of over a thousand things I love about you, but right now, on this night my mind is completely taken up by the vision I have playing on repeat in my mind. And that vision is of you, being my wife and marrying me for the second time in our lifetime. Before I met you, I thought soulmates and destinies were a thing only in fairytales and cheesy books, however spending a short part of my life and ruling alongside you forced me to completely think the topic over. Simply because soulmates and destinies are true because I've found you." He opened the box, revealing another ring, a simple gold ring, no jewel but a simple band, one to add to her first wedding ring. "I want to grow old with you. I want to call you my wife in public. I want to have a family with you. It's you, Mila, only you. You are my destiny, my darling. So I ask you again, will you marry me?" Mila stared into his brilliant, blue eyes, she watched as tears began to form. She could see her own two eyes in the reflection of his, her too, where swelling with salty tears. She kissed him. "Yes of course I'll marry you! Again." She whispered as the two collapsed into a heap on the decking. "I love you." She whispered as she gently kissed him again. "And I you, my love."

Edited - 21/04/2023