two

{ chapter two  ~  a royal wedding }

{ chapter two ~ a royal wedding }

Queen Mila stood tall in one of the many spare rooms of Cair Paravel. Only this spare room was special, it was her very own Bridal Suite. Dressed from head to toe in a gorgeous white, the young Queen felt like a Goddess. "You look stunning Mila," Susan told her as the girl fixed the hem of her dress. "You two have good taste in style." Mila complimented as she observed herself in a mirror. She looked rather strange being all dressed up, especially since she usually had messy hair that matched her warrior outfits perfectly. It was rare to see the young Queen looking so perfect, however, she dazzled in perfection.

Mila's cheeks were powdered a light pink and the gold colouring to her eyelids made her deep brown eyes shine. "Do you think Peter's nervous?" Mila asked, her hands wandering to her engagement ring, her new nerve calmer. "When isn't Peter nervous?" The voice of Edmund Pevensie came suddenly from the door. "He's been practicing his speech. And quite frankly he's not doing a very good job of saying it." Mila chuckled slightly at the thought of her usually confident fiancé being a stuttering mess.

Edmund approached her, a smile on his face as he looked the girl up and down. "You look rather dashing, Mila." He told her as he handed her a bracelet. "Something old." He told her. Mila shook her head in disbelief, as she took the small token into her hand. A friendship bracelet Edmund had made a long time ago, it was an apology present for beating her in their practice duel. "Something new." He whispered, handing her an improved version of the bracelet. "Something borrowed." He said taking a hairpin from Susan. "I found it, well more like stumbled across it accidentally." He told her as he pinned it into her brown locks. "It was your mother's." He told her. His eyes widened once more as he took a small blue pin, shaped like the Narnian Crest, from his pocket. "Something blue." Mila smiled, her eyes filling with tears but she wasn't going to let them fall. "I'm excited for you to become my sister-in-law, officially Mila." The not so little boy said as he kissed his best friend's cheek. "I'm excited to become an official Pevensie," Mila told them. "I love you guys." Soon the three youngest Pevensies and Mila were having a group hug. One Peter was excluded from, but he wouldn't know as his nerves took over him...

Peter paced the aisle his future wife would shortly walk down. "Peace King Peter," Orious told him. "What if I mess up?" Tumnus shook his head. "You won't, you've been practicing." The Magnificent King sighed. "She knows how much I love her, why do we have to prepare vows?" The best groaned again. "Really Peter?" Edmund and Lucy said as they chuckled. "You're already flustered and nervous and you haven't even seen her yet." The boy blushed a deep red, but he knew his imagination wouldn't be able to comprehend how beautiful Mila would look. "It doesn't matter about the vows Pete. Just pour your heart out! Rehearsing them is stupid really. Just say what you feel when you see her." Peter nodded toward his younger brother before gulping. "I'm happy I chose you to be my best man Ed." The boy smirked. "Well, I am the best." Susan joined them, a bouquet in her hand for herself and Lucy. "Is Mila ready?" Lucy asked, Susan simply nodded. "She wanted some time to herself before she came down." The Gentle Queen turned to their guests. "If everyone could take their seats." She announced. "The Bride will be here shortly!"