seventeen

{ chapter seventeen  ~  our destiny }

{ chapter seventeen ~ our destiny }

It was dark, not at all how she expected Heaven to look. Unless she was in Hell, but surely not. "Rise my daughter." A voice she hadn't heard in years filled her ears. The girl sat up, her brown eyes instantly matching with a man who had the same. "Dad!" Mila grinned as she flung her arms around the man who wore a golden crown. "I thought I'd never see you again!" She cried. "I never really got to say goodbye." King Alexander the Great smiled at his daughter. "I'm so proud of you my little Princess, but you shouldn't be here." Mila furrowed her brows, "But I'm dead." The man chuckled, "Not quite, it isn't your time my sweet girl. You must go back and fulfill your destiny." Mila looked into her father's eyes, "But I have, I've gotten the next set of Narnian Rulers. Narnia will be free of Jadis." The Great King bowed his head. "You have another destiny. A destiny like mine." He held his hand out, a petite woman joining his side. "My beautiful baby." Her voice sounded like a melody. "My sweet, beautiful girl." Mila recognized her, a painting that was hung above her father's bed had the exact woman within its frame. "Mum." She smiled before hugging the woman. "I'm so proud of you Mila. So, so proud." Queen Kenna said, kissing her daughter's forehead as she did so. "Mum was your destiny?" Mila questioned. "In a way, yes. Love is the strongest power of all. Your destiny is to find your soulmate, but I see you already have." Mila glanced at the floor as she thought of Peter, a light pink hue covering her cheeks. "He's your destiny. And you are his. He cannot fulfill his destiny without you, my Mila. You must go back." The teenage Princess frowned at her parents. "But how? But what if I wanted to stay here? I want to see you two again." The King and Queen smiled, "You will see us again Mila when the time is right. But then you should be old and grey." The girl smiled. "I love and miss you, every day!" Her mother placed a hand upon the girl's chest, "We'll be right here, forever and always." Mila closed her eyes as her parents kissed her forehead softly. "Forever and always."

The Pevensies crowded the lifeless body of a fallen warrior. A fallen princess. "Save her, Lu." Peter pleaded, his hand reaching for her own, which lay upon her still heart. Tears fell down his face. Lucy readied her cordial. The drop of liquid seemed to fall in slow motion, but it never reached the girl's mouth.
Mila gasped as her body jolted upright, her right hand resting gently on her heart, the other held firmly by Peter Pevensie.

The boy grasped the girl firmly at the sight of her now-breathing body. "I thought I lost you!" He told her, his grip on her tight as if he believed he would lose her all over again. Mila stared into the bloodshot blue eyes of the boy. A vision of their future danced in his sapphire orbs. Mila grasped him by the shoulder before slamming her lips against his own. "I love you, Peter Pevensie." She chuckled as she looked at the boy. He blushed a deep red before kissing the girl once more. "I love you, Mila Jones."

Edited - 19/04/2023