two

{ chapter two  ~  to hell with it }

{ chapter two ~ to hell with it }

Many months had passed, and Queen Mila had long been back to her usual ways. Usual ways that no one within the castle had ever experienced. However, Caspian loved to see his friend so warm. He loved her smile, Mila reminded him of his mother, in every single way. Her smile, her dark hair. Her playful and sarcastic antics. The connection was probably why he fell in love with his and the Queen's friendship.

The youthful Queen lifted her skirt as she darted around the castle, her feet cold as she rushed across the stone. "Mila!" The voice of Caspian shouted of her. She giggled as she quickened her pace, the young King followed her around the corner; soaking wet. Another one of Mila's pranks.

Mila had waited behind a large pillar as she observed Caspian and one of his many advisors. Narnia had been concealed by a heatwave like no other; the scorching temperatures causing anyone to be overcome with sweat from the blaring sun. Mila had listened to young King complaining about the heat and, quite frankly, it had begun to annoy her. Then again, she had spent hundreds of years in the freezing cold. So, Mila had decided enough; was enough. She had pushed Caspian into the fountain and then sped off, which obviously began the chase around the castle between the two Royals.

Caspian's calls to the chuckling Queen ceased as she came to a stop. A light laugh came from her mouth as she stared at the soaking wet monarch. "Cooled down, Caspian?" She questioned, struggling to suppress her laughter. He raised an eyebrow, "I'm freezing now Mila." He chuckled, "In fact, I'm so cold, I might freeze to death." He told her as he pretended to shiver. "Oh, don't be dramatic Casp." Mila rolled her eyes as the King strolled closer. "I have work to do." He simply said.

Caspian had been working on making peace with every kingdom in Narnia. He was exceptionally close, he just had a few loose threads to pull and tie together. Mila scoffed, "To hell with it." She simply said. The young, but often busy King furrowed his brows. Mila, being the Hopeful Queen she was, took her dear friend's hand and began pulling (more like dragging) him through the bright halls of their castle home.

Caspian shielded his eyes from the Narnian sun's harsh rays as he and Mila rushed through the courtyard. "Have some fun Caspian!" She said, walking over to the fountain that she had, previously pushed Caspian into. She splashed him with the cooling waters before dipping her feet in. "Mila." Caspian chuckled, his eyes darting around at the many bystanders, who gave the young Queen an odd look. "It's too hot!" She shouted to him. The light reflecting within the King's eyes lit them up, signaling the idea that had popped into his head. He chuckled before lightly pushing the girl into the fountain. He burst into a fit of laughing before stepping into the waters to join her. "To hell with it." He smiled, repeating her words as he splashed her.

Even busy monarchs deserve fun, every once in a while. Or if your Mila Pevensie, the Hopeful Queen of Narnia, monarchs deserved fun all day, every day.

Edited - 20/04/2023