twelve

{ chapter twelve  ~  the Narnians v the Telmarines }

{ chapter twelve ~ the Narnians v the Telmarines }

"Ugh, well done pea for brains!" Mila said in a hushed whisper, which would have been a shout if she wasn't afraid of blowing her and Ed's cover. "Your such a clutz!" She mumbled as she watched a Telmarine soldier play with Edmund's torch. "It's not my fault!" He replied back. Mila rolled her eyes, a grin on her face to stifle her laugh. "Hey, Mi, want to see this cool trick I can do with my torch." She whispered, her voice deep and low, to mimic Edmunds. He rolled his eyes before playfully shoving her shoulder. The two glanced back to the soldier, "What are we supposed to-" Mila began, but the sound of loud ringing bells cut her off. "This." The Just King whispered before he jumped from the ledge the two were perched on. "Edmund." She whisper-yelled as quickly darted down the stairs to meet the boy and the hopefully, knocked-out soldier.

"Now Ed, now!" Peter's shouts were heard from the stairwell she was dashing down. "I'm a little busy Pete!" He called back, the guard pinning him forcefully against the wall. "The torch!" Edmund mumbled as he fought back the guard. Mila rushed from the darkness and dived onto the cold stone floor to grab the torch. "How do I turn the stupid magical thingy on!" She mumbled as she fiddled with it. "It must've broken when you attacked the guard," Mila said as Edmund joined her side. The guard lay beside them. "Try and fix it," Mila told him as she unsheathed her sword. "If only the sun was still out." She mumbled, "The moon might not be bright enough." She mumbled to herself as she positioned her sword in a way that it could reflect the moon's light and potentially signal the troops. "We're done for if this doesn't work," Edmund mumbled, the sound of the torch hitting the palm of his hand sounded like thunder suddenly breaking through on a warm summer night. "Come one, come one, come one." The two muttered under their breath, both trying to signal for more troops. Edmund's gasps and a sudden light caused Mila to stop. "You fixed it!" She squealed as Edmund began signalling the army. "Of course I did." He winked, "Ugh, don't act smart Edmund." Mila chuckled. "For Narnia?" She then said, "For Narnia." Edmund replied as the two made their way to the stairs. "Stay out of Peter's sight. Remember the signal. Stay safe Mila. I won't forgive myself if you get hurt and Peter will definitely kill me for helping you." The young Queen nodded, "That's why you don't tell him you helped, it's my plan, you had no idea." She told him. "Now don't worry about me Eddie, staying safe is my middle name."

It had been a long time since Mila had physically battled, but it all came back to her with ease. It was like riding a bike. The movement of her sword remained effortless as she fought with soldiers that stood in her way. She and Edmund had parted ways a while ago, only to meet again as he lay on the floor. "What happened to you?" She chuckled as she pulled him up. "Nothing much." He hastily replied, "You?" He said, pointing to a small cut she had on her face. And if she was honest, she hadn't noticed it until he pointed it out. "Just a few soldiers here and there." He shook his head, "It's not looking good. I'll have to signal for the gryphon soon, be ready." Mila nodded, "Don't worry Ed, I'll be there." The two ran quickly at the sound of footsteps, not wanting to fight many soldiers in a small enclosed space. "Edmund!" Mila called before darting in the opposite direction of the army, "Be rational!" He saluted her before rushing to help people. "Oh for the love of Aslan stay safe, idiot."