eleven

{ chapter eleven  ~ for my father }

{ chapter eleven ~ for my father }

The beautiful, Princess Mila was already awake long before the sun had risen that morning. She watched as the stunning orange orb cast shadows across the lands she had grown to cherish. Her mind often thought of the previous night. Her first kiss. A genuine kiss with someone that actually seemed to be interested in her. She couldn't stop the pastel pink blush that cascaded across her cheeks every time she thought of the boy. Peter Pevensie was like a drug. She couldn't get him out of her mind. And she didn't want him to...

The harsh gaze from the sunlight woke Peter Pevensie up bright and early that morning. A grin from the previous night was still etched on his face. No girl had ever shown interest in him. He had never really felt anything for a girl either, but Mila was special. He couldn't get her out of his head. He was beginning to catch feelings. And he didn't bother to stop them.

The reflection of the sun onto the little lake was beautiful at such an early hour in the morning. Mila watched as the water rippled when she threw stones into the unknown depths of the beautiful pool. She hadn't seen water move like that in a long time, it satisfied her. That morning was quite peaceful, and although Mila loved the hustle and bustle of camp, she also enjoyed the peace and quiet the little lake and the surrounding area gave. The almost silent morning was like music to her ears. The sound of the wild gave an almost rhythmic tone as it blew through the dancing trees. The sound of the running waterfall in the distance was heard clearly due to the silence, Mila loved the sound, it calmed her.

The voices of two girls soon joined with the singing wind and gushing waterfall. Mila lay quietly against a tree. "Beautiful day, isn't it?" She spoke up as Susan and Lucy rounded the corner. The two girls jumped, not realising the girl was there until she had spoken. "It is." Lucy smiled. "Have you been here long?" Mila shook her head, "Just since sunrise." She pointed to the lake, "The way the sun reflects on the water is picturesque and mesmerising." The two sisters glanced at the water. "Do you want to take a dip? It's quite hot, don't you think?" Lucy didn't wait for an answer before slightly lifting the hem of her blue dress and running to the shallows of the water. "Peter went to find you last night. He was gone quite a while." Susan said to Mila as the two made their way slowly to Lucy. "He found me if that's what you're asking," Mila responded before kicking of her shoes. "You two were gone quiet a while then. What did you two get up to?" Susan asked, a playful smile on her face. "We walked and talked. That's all." Susan raised an eyebrow. "Peter likes you."  She blurted. Mila chuckled. "I know." The eldest Pevensie girl's eyes widened, "You knew?" Mila nodded. "Princesses know a lot of things, especially when boys like them." She giggled. "Luckily for Peter, I like him too. Now, that's all I'm saying." She told her as she patted her shoulder. "Now come on Su! The water should be warm! The sun has been laying on it all morning!"

The three girls giggled and splashed each other as they stood in the shallows of the warmth of the water. Playful shrieks often escaped their perky pink lips as the water hit their faces. "I haven't had this much fun in forever!" Mila told the two girls as each of them splashed one another (mainly Lucy and Mila ganging up on Susan). "You don't find snow fun?" Lucy asked. Mila shook her head. "Snow is amazing! I just didn't get much time to be a child when I was a child. Running from the White Witch kind of became my main priority." She sighed. The looks of sadness and sympathy from the two girls were enough to depress her. "Now enough of that!" She told them before throwing water at each of them, causing their play fight to start up again.