five

{ chapter five  ~  the professor }

{ chapter five ~ the professor }

Mila sipped on a substance called hot chocolate as she walked around the Professor's room late that night. The older man watched her as she elegantly walked from wall to wall. "So, are you going to tell me your name, the Pevensies seem very fond of you." Mila nodded as she stopped before a portrait of four siblings, the professor's family. "Mila, Sir. My name is Mila." The older man seemed astonished but he asked for more about her. "I was born in Narnia, Professor. My father and his siblings were rulers at a time." She told him. "In fact, this may sound absurd, but I believe you were a ruler too," Mila said as she turned to the man. "Let me explain. My father, Alexander. He had a brother and two sisters. Digie, Annie, and Lisa." She glanced back at the photo. "He had the same one, he treasured it dearly." Mila placed the hot drink down before pointing to each of the siblings on the painting. "My father, Annie, Lisa, and Digie." She turned. "Your not Digory Kirke at all. Your Digory Jones. You, you're my Uncle." The older man stood slightly, he towered over the girl who was now fourteen again. "You look a lot like him you know, your father, my brother." Mila smiled. "It's a shame what the witch did to him." Mila nodded. "I believed you were dead, Mila. Oh, if I knew I wouldn't have ever left Narnia. I would have taken you under my wing. You were only a child!" Mila shushed him, he seemed panicked and stressed. "I turned out alright. Besides the White Witch got what was coming to her. Narnia is at peace."

Digory Jones and Mila 'Jones' shared the night by retelling stories of their time in Narnia. Mila especially liked the ones she remembered her father telling her before she went to sleep. The Queen was no longer at a loss of a family. She had her Uncle. She also had the Pevensies. She had never felt happier. Even though she was universes away from her home.

"When the war is over, the Pevensies will be going back to Finchley." Digory Jones said to his niece as she watched Peter and his siblings play cricket on the grounds. The games were unusual to her. "May I go with them? Or will I have to stay here with you?" Digory smiled. "I could set up residence for you Mila, but be warned. England isn't anything like Narnia. There's a lot of differences." The Queen grinned, "As long as Peter's there, I can live with different."

Edited - 19/04/2023