19. Accidental (I)

Seungyeon closed her eyes, feeling a little better after the doctor gave her some kind of medicines by injection. Now she lay in a temporary ward, until she finished a bag of IV before she could go home. The doctor said her health would recover quickly if after returning she is ate, rested and took medicine regularly.

"Excuse me, Seungyeon-ssi." A nurse approached her, smiling kindly. "I'm sorry, because you are not with a representative, can you sign the paperwork first?"

Seungyeon nodded and got up slowly from her sleeping position assisted by the nurse, she had not finished reading the file, the curtain beside her bed was open showing a tall man standing there.

"I'm her family." Said Jungshin without hesitation.

Seungyeon looked at Jungshin as if to say 'what are you doing?' but Jungshin just glanced at it and smiled. Then the man took the file that was still in Seungyeon's hands, read it quickly and signed it. Making the nurse was only able to say thank you nervously then leave, go back to doing her work.

"I really don't understand why you don't ask anyone for help." Jungshin flung himself on a chair next to Seungyeon's bed. "I guess the manager and the agency people didn't know you were sick."

Seungyeon felt no need to answer the 'statement' because it was certain that Jungshin knew the answer. She just lay back, turning her face away from Jungshin.

"Need something? Want a drink?" Asked Jungshin who only answered with a shake of her head slowly.

Jungshin chuckled and exhaled hard, he then grabbed a bottle of mineral water on the table-which was indeed provided by the hospital- and opened it.

"Come here. You should at least drink so you don't get dehydrated. Your lips are starting to look dry."

Seungyeon looked at Jungshin with a frown, annoyed. "Why did Oppa come here instead?"

"I waited for you in the waiting room but you didn't come back after more than an hour. So I looked for you and it turns out you're 'stuck' here."

Seungyeon felt increasingly annoyed, making Jungshin laugh softly.

"Wake up for a while." Jungshin said again, while holding out both hands to help Seungyeon wake up.

Inevitably Seungyeon drank a little water that Jungshin gave. The man was right, she needed to drink, her throat had been stinging. Under normal circumstances, maybe Seungyeon would be nervous and feel uncomfortable with the skin ship that Jungshin did just now. But at this moment, truly, she could not refuse or fight him. It seems she doesn't mind Jungshin being here at this time as long as he can control his mouth not to talk about Jonghyun.

"Do you have to stay overnight?"

"No." Seungyeon saw the IV bag which only had half of it, "What time is it now?"

Jungshin looked at his watch, "Nine o'clock at night."

Seungyeon nodded without saying anything else, so Jungshin continued, "So, the doctor let you go home tonight?"

"Ya. After this IV runs out."

Jungshin nodded, "Go to sleep. I wake up when the IV is finished."

Seungyeon looked back at Jungshin, who also stared at him. "Don't you want to go home?" She asked.

"I will go home after taking you home."

"I brought a car." Seungyeon tried to refuse by giving an excuse.

"I know."

"And I'm sure you brought a car too." Still giving a reason.

"That's right. My manager is driving."

Seungyeon sighed, "I'm fine going home alone."

"You know driving in sick conditions is forbidden?"

Again, Seungyeon frowned. "I know. But I can't bother you. It's a late night."

"Since it's late I can't let you drive alone in pain." Said Jungshin sure. "Jonghyun hyung will get angry if something happens to you on the trip."

Damn.

Since when hearing the name Jonghyun cause such discomfort? Jungshin noticed that Seungyeon's expression changed, the look in the girl's eyes grew more melancholy.

"Go to sleep." Said Jungshin softly.

***

Jonghyun made calls many times and many times what was heard was the answer from the voice of the operator who said that the number dialed was inactive. His left hand is on the steering wheel, holding it tightly, while his right hand touches the dial button tirelessly. Feeling increasingly frustrated, Jonghyun stepped on the gas faster, increasing the speed of his car to Seungyeon's apartment.

Jonghyun knew Seungyeon was angry, and it seems like the girl was still angry until now so she didn't want to talk to Jonghyun, so she turned off her cellphone. That's what Jonghyun thought. But he did not want to delay their conversation again until an uncertain time. Realizing that he had made a mistake made him uneasy, angry, annoyed, and confused at the same time. He hates to make Seungyeon angry. Also confused from where he had to explain the "situation" that was actually happening.

Some time ago, Jonghyun had asked Jisoo not to contact him again if she needed help. And this afternoon, Jonghyun returned to Jisoo's house to reiterate once more about his request. Jonghyun doesn't want any misunderstanding between himself and Seungyeon because of Jisoo.

But what he saw as soon as he arrived was something very unexpected. Jonghyun can't imagine a man who can do violence to women like Choi Daehyun did.

So, Jisoo betrayed him only for men like Choi Daehyun?

It feels like Jonghyun wants to call Jisoo stupid because of her choice. But, however Jonghyun wants to make peace with his past. They should now live each other without disturbing each other, right?

Yes. He should.

Jonghyun shouldn't have cared about anything that happened to Jisoo, just like the woman did. Does not matter. Maybe, Jonghyun really is too good. The man who is still driving at full speed cannot see the injured woman. Or hurt. Whoever it is. It feels like seeing his mother or sister hurt. So every time he saw Jisoo crying, especially while injured, he felt sorry, and always tried to help.

Jonghyun turns the car into the Seungyeon apartment building area, goes straight to the basement, and wonders because there is no Seungyeon car parked in her place. Even though he was still surprised, he still got out of the car immediately after parking and entered the building while again calling Seungyeon.

Repeatedly pressing the bell in front of the door coupled with a knock by his hand that does not hold the cellphone, but no one answers. Seungyeon isn't in her apartment. Stupid. He should have listened carefully when Seungyeon mentioned her house code the other day, then remembered, if necessary noted so as not to forget. So he won't stand like a freak in front.

"Shit!" Jonghyun cursed.

Now he returns to the basement, thinking of places Seungyeon might visit when the girl is angry. Jonghyun was determined to find it no matter what.

When he had just pressed the unlock button on the key in his hand, the car that he was very familiar with entered and parked next to his car. Seungyeon's car. Making Jonghyun speechless there without saying or doing anything. And what made Jonghyun stunned was seeing who was driving the car, who opened the door calmly then looked at him still with the same calmness.

"Jungshin?"

***