34. The Start

"Are you sure you won't report this to the police?" Minhyuk asked the same thing for the one hundred and seventy-two times.

Okay. Lie. No. He didn't ask that many questions.

"It would be too risky if we report it. There will definitely be lots of news." Yonghwa calmly replied.

"But acting quietly like this is just as risky, Hyung."

Jonghyun looked at Minhyuk, "Still, if my plan succeeds, no media will know."

"Us!" Yonghwa rebuked Jonghyun loudly. "We will do it together. You will not be alone, Jonghyun, remember that!"

Minhyuk laughed and Jonghyun nodded with a smile hearing Yonghwa who was protective.

Jungshin still seriously looked at the photo sheet taken by Yonghwa the other day, and suddenly said, "Your photo skills are bad, Hyung."

"I'm taking pictures while hiding, please understand." Yonghwa sulked, making the four of them laugh.

"Wait. What is this?" Jungshin who was watching a photo looked at Jonghyun and Yonghwa in turns, "They are doing 'transactions'?

"That's what me and Yonghwa hyung think. But I don't know yet what the 'thing' is." Jonghyun explained.

Jungshin looked at Jonghyun for a long time, as if thinking of something, "And if our guess is right, does Hyung also think Jisoo is involved with this?"

"I'm not sure she's involved with this." Jonghyun answered, doubtful.

"But someone can change Hyung, so can that woman. It's likely that she followed Daehyun's footsteps." Minhyuk said.

Yonghwa nodded in confirming what Minhyuk said, "But, more than this, what worries me the most is Seungyeon. She has already been targeted by Daehyun. And it's dangerous, that bastard never fools around."

Jonghyun sighed loudly, "I'm more worried because she has returned to her activities now. She spends more time on the set than at home."

Yonghwa and Minhyuk were silent, thinking about how to make Daehyun and Jisoo stop disturbing their lives. Speaking directly is clearly of no use, because the two people will not care whatever they say.

As for Jungshin, the man also thought, but without anyone knowing, the things he thought were more complicated than that. He concluded that Seungyeon had not told Jonghyun about the terror she had received. And he doesn't have any power to divulge it without Seungyeon's permission. So, the terror is still a mystery, is it Park Jisoo, Choi Daehyun, or sasaeng's doing?

***

Seungyeon bowed politely to the director and several staff who passed her. Finally, today's shooting is over. She saw the clock curled around her left wrist, one o'clock in the morning. Well, because there are so many scenes to be taken, and this is also the first saeguk drama for her, so it feels really difficult, so difficult just finished after midnight, even though tomorrow must return to filming at eight in the morning.

"You worked hard today, Seungyeon, so let's go home and rest." Jeongsu said, walking ahead of Seungyeon to their car parked outside the set.

"Thank you for today, Oppa." Seungyeon replied with a smile, grateful that the manager always supported her without ever complaining.

While waiting for Jeongsu and her two staff to finish stuffing everything in the car, Seungyeon took out her cellphone from her padding pocket, and found many messages from her friends, parents, and Jonghyun.

She opened it one by one, but her smile became wider when she opened a message from Jonghyun which contained sweet words to encourage her. Ah, Seungyeon really missed that guy. It's only been a few days but it hasn't been long since they met.

Indeed, this is the risk. When very busy filming, she will be increasingly difficult to meet. Can she call Jonghyun now? One o'clock in the morning? Only to hear his voice? Is he sleeping?

Just now Seungyeon was going to touch the green phone picture on her cellphone screen when instantly from the dark end of the road, a motorcycle driven by a big man with a face covered in a mask and a black helmet, headed towards her very fast.

Seungyeon who tried to avoid even bounced until his body crashed into the body of a car that was parked not far from him standing. Jeongsu who was very surprised by what had just happened reflexively shouted and immediately approached Seungyeon who was in pain. Then the man shouted cursing at the motorcyclist who did not stop or look back because he had almost hit someone.

"Damn it! Stop there!" Jeongsu shouted, in vain.

Some of the staff who were still there approached Seungyeon and Jeongsu, a few more tried to stop the rider who was useless from being chased because of the speed of his motorcycle.

"Are you okay?" Jeongsu asked frantically.

Seungyeon tried to stand up, enduring the pain that began to spread in her back and legs, then tried to smile. "It's okay, Oppa."

"We have to go to the hospital now."

"No, no. I'm fine." Seungyeon refused, "Let's just go home."

Jeongsu obviously wanted to argue, the man wanted to force Seungyeon to go to the hospital because he knew the girl's body bounced hard enough. But feeling Seungyeon's tight grip on his arm made him undo it.

So he could only sigh, "Are you sure? You should check the wound."

Seungyeon nodded, "I'm fine, really." She said firmly.

Again, Jeongsu sighed, succumbing, "Alright. Let's go home now."

During the trip home Seungyeon was half dead holding back pain and aching, wondering where the wound was and how severe the condition was. But, tomorrow she is still shooting, there are still many scenes to be taken, so she can't be sick now.

Arriving at the apartment, Seungyeon took off her clothes and found several bruises on her back and legs. Her right arm's elbow was bleeding. But it still feels lucky because the motor was not crashing into her body directly. If that happens... Ah no. Seungyeon didn't dare imagine what would happen if she didn't reflexively avoid.

The cellphone she kept on the bed vibrated, signaling an incoming call. Seungyeon wonders who called her after midnight, and it turns out the number is unknown. At first Seungyeon didn't want to answer, but the vibration didn't stop. Keep repeating, making her even more curious. Also worried if there is an emergency that requires someone to call her. Still half in doubt but daring himself, finally the girl decided to answer.

"..." Seungyeon didn't say anything, waiting for the voice across there to be heard first.

"Gong Seungyeon." There was a low-pitched female voice, a little hoarse, maybe because of smoking too much cigarette.

Seungyeon is still tight-lipped.

"Today you escaped. I let it go because it's still the start. But later, I guarantee you won't even have time to scream for help."

And the connection is lost.

Seungyeon still put the cellphone next to her ear even though there was no sound from across there. Unconsciously one hand clenched her fingers tightly and for a moment the pain seemed to not be felt. But her heart was beating fast.

Just now...

What just happened to her.

That's intentional.

The terror is real.

***