29. A Bond Between "Us"

Jonghyun hummed lightly while driving his car towards Sinsa-dong. Today his mood is in good condition, his energy is full after returning from Busan, his endorphin levels increase because he will spend a beautiful night together with Seungyeon.

Then his eyes glanced at his own fingers and wrists which were holding the wheel, watching the rings and wristbands of the pair he was wearing again. He shouldn't have let it go that time, not if it made the girl misunderstand. But, fortunately the situation is better. Jonghyun feels that their misunderstanding has been overcome. Thanks to Seungyeon who is always patient with his attitude which is often difficult to understand.

It is still eight-thirty at night, Jonghyun is sure Seungyeon hasn't arrived at the place they promised. Let it be, after all it should be the men who are waiting. He will wait for Seungyeon there without complaining.

The mood is still good, until in the middle of the trip, there is a call, from Jisoo. At first Jonghyun didn't answer the phone call, but after the first call was ignored, the second and third calls came in and so on, making him doubt and curious, what else would his ex-girlfriend want to say.

"Hallo?"

"Oppa?"

"What is wrong?"

A short pause, then sobs from across there. "I-"

Then, Jonghyun only listened in silence until Jisoo ended the telephone connection and both hands held the steering wheel tighter with his lips tightly closed.

What happened next, Jonghyun turned the wheel quickly, turned the direction, no longer going to its original destination. The neat man in a gray suit increased the speed of the car, as fast as he could, chasing other cars that he felt were blocking his way.

Until not long after he parked the car in front of a second-level house that is not too big. Jonghyun closed the car door with a loud slam, headed for the door of the house, pressed the bell several times, impatient.

"Where is that jerk?" Jonghyun asked when Jisoo had just opened the door of her house. There was no polite greeting like he usually did. There was also no smile on his lips, indicating the man was angry.

Instead of answering, Jisoo just hugged Jonghyun tightly. Then cry, saying she was hurt because of Choi Daehyun. Like she said on the phone before.

Jonghyun brought Jisoo to sit on the sofa to look more closely, and found the woman really hurt. Some parts of her face were bruised badly, the corners of her lips were bleeding, one eye was swollen, up to her neck where there were traces of hands clenched.

"What have you done that he hurt you like this?"

"I did nothing. Daehyun oppa suddenly came here and did all this. He tortured me for no reason. He always did."

Jonghyun sighed, he touched the bruises on Jisoo's right jaw slowly, "I told you not to contact him again. Stop loving him!"

Jisoo gasped, the woman looked down, and said doubtfully, "I've said that many times. But she never wanted to accept." She said in a low voice.

"Do you know where he is now? I will beat him up and tell him not to see you again. Or you can report to the police."

Jisoo shook her head hard, holding the pain that still felt in her neck. "No. Don't report it to the police."

"Why? Because he'll eventually pay an expensive lawyer to be free?" Jonghyun snorted in annoyance. "He thinks I can't do the same thing!?"

Jisoo sobbed again, "No, that's not it. He said he would hurt me worse than this if I dared report it."