53. Honesty

"One shot americano with hazelnut syrup."  Jungshin begs the salesperson who serves him on the drive thru.

After completing the payment Jungshin drove his car to the next stop point. While waiting for coffee, Jungshin opened his wallet to put the card in its original place, but the card accidentally fell and that's when his eyes found a small thin object under the passenger seat.

Confused and alienated, Jungshin picked up the object, apparently it was an OTP. But not his. Jungshin frowned, remembering who might have dropped it in his car.

And his memory is only focused on one person. Yes, Gong Seungyeon. Only the girl was the last time in his private car.

At first Jungshin would only directly contact Seungyeon, asking if the OTP really belonged to her, but curiosity suddenly arose. Seriously, Jungshin is not someone who has no manners, but for some reason his curiosity was very big this time.

Anyway I have to know who this belongs to in order to return it. This isn't necessarily Seungyeon's. And I'm not wrong even seeing it because it's in my car. He told himself.

So Jungshin immediately paired the OTP on his cellphone. There is only one folder in it, a folder that contains several .amr files, all of which are arranged by date. After attaching earphones on the ear, Jungshin pressed play on the longest dated file, more than one month ago. And let himself hear the contents of the file.

Immediately, the voice that he was very familiar with was heard.

"Sorry Sir, here's the coffee."

Jungshin slightly jumped to look at the salesperson who handed a glass of coffee to the open car door window. The voice was still heard from the earphones, making him momentarily forget he was still in the drive thru.

After receiving a coffee and saying thank you, he returned with his car on a crowded street. The voice is still faithfully heard, not the voice of one person, but two. And Jungshin was sure he recognized both of them.

The further he listens to the conversation, the tighter he holds the steering wheel, making his fingers white.

After the first file is complete, Jungshin proceeds to the next file, listened to in order of date. Still filled with the same voices, the same topic. Until when he finished listening to the last file, Jungshin immediately decided on something.

***

Jisoo felt her heart beat faster. Her hands trembled slightly and cold sweat slowly began to appear on her temple. She sat alone in a small room with a white nuance, in front of her there was a large black glass instead of a wall on one side of the square room. And Jisoo knew, someone must be watching from behind that glass wall. Maybe one person? Or two? Or more? She have no idea.

Her eyes fell on the plaster attached to her own left arm, a syringe used a moment ago to draw a small amount of blood. I don't know what the police will find in her later.

Then Jisoo's mind wandered to a few days ago, when she felt she had the upper hand because of her victory from Seungyeon. Since then Jisoo has truly camouflaged a sweet, caring girl for Jonghyun who she knows for sure, is heartbroken. She did everything to make Jonghyun come back to her again.

From starting to send messages containing consolation and attention sentences at all times, meal reminder messages and bedtime messages. Also the phone is insistent.

But unfortunately, none of her efforts were avenged. Even when Jisoo came to Jonghyun's apartment, the man did not open the door for her to enter.

How annoying isn't it?