44. A Deal

The same American bistro.

Same table. Even the waiter who served her was also the same person when she came here some time ago.

Seungyeon deliberately chose the exact same place because the person who was going to meet her was also the same person. The difference is, now Seungyeon arrived first.

Due to the quiet atmosphere of the bistro, the sound of knocking heels and marble floor was heard very clearly and her voice only stopped when the owner of the foot stopped in front of Seungyeon, seated herself without permission.

But Seungyeon isn't at all surprised. Or angry. It's common to face less ethical women who sit in front of her.

"What do you want to talk about? I don't have much time." Jisoo said without the slightest opening greeting.

"I will accept your offer about me leaving Jonghyun oppa and you stop doing nosy things to people around me."

Jisoo smiled sarcastically. "Are you finally aware of yourself?"

Seungyeon sips her white wine gracefully, without feeling intimidated by the look or cynical tone that Jisoo makes.

"I'm just sorry to see that you can't live without my lover."

"Let him go. He was mine from the start."

"First answer all my questions honestly. Then I'll let him go."

Jisoo was silent, not answering. Waiting for what Seungyeon will ask. Secretly, she paid attention to Seungyeon's appearance today. The girl looked as simple as ever, her face was only polished with thin makeup, her long hair was flowed without decoration, but... She was beautiful. A beauty that can't be possessed by her even though she has thick makeup and clothes that cost hundreds of thousands of won.

Jisoo hated her admitting that fact.

"Are you terrorizing me by sending packages and threatening letters?"

Jisoo snorted harshly.

"Yes." I admit.

"Are you asking Daehyun-ssi to kidnap me?"

"Yes."

"Did you send someone to hit me on a motorcycle?"

"Yes."

"Are you asking someone or Daehyun-ssi to sabotage all of Jonghyun oppa's cars so that he is involved in an accident?"

Jisoo is frozen. The look on her face changed at that question, but apparently she was getting good at mastering emotions, so in the same firm tone he answered.

"Yes."

"Are you still spying on my family?"

"Yes."

"You still intend to destroy CNBLUE if Jonghyun oppa is with me?"

"Yes."

Seungyeon smiled. The brown iris scanned Jisoo's face carefully. There was no visible slap on her cheek this time. Even so, Seungyeon quietly felt compassion.

It's okay, Jisoo doesn't have anyone, so I have to yield. So she said to herself.

"You're right. I don't have enough reason to keep him."

Hearing that, Jisoo smiled sardonically.

"Stop everything. Whatever you and Daehyun-ssi are doing or planning, stop everything. And I will leave Jonghyun oppa."

Jisoo, who had been answering all of Seungyeon's questions with the word 'Yes', because that's the reality, is now speechless.

Really. The woman did not expect what Seungyeon just said. Since the beginning Seungyeon contacted and invited her to meet, Jisoo thought the girl would attack her with harsh words and tears. Jisoo has even prepared harsh words of reply and satisfied laughter if only Seungyeon acts like her shadow.

But it turns out, Seungyeon just sat quietly, asked calmly, didn't look sad or angry at all. And asked her to stop in a way she had never imagined before.

"Easy as that?" Jisoo asked in disbelief.

"Ya. Isn't that what you want?"

"What is the guarantee that you will really let it go?"

"Just stop all the bad things you are doing and I'm sure you will definitely be able to see me who stopped contacting Jonghyun oppa. Don't you have a lot of 'eyes' and 'ears'?"

Jisoo looked away, for some reason the look in Seungyeon's eyes and the calm look on her face actually made her intimidated.

One thing she never once imagined because in her eyes Seungyeon was an innocent and naive girl.

"But, I want you to remember a few things..." Seungyeon hung her sentence, took another sip of wine which she had been holding her glass feet from before.

"If after parting with me, Jonghyun oppa still doesn't want to come back to you, remember, don't blame anyone. Because it's your own fault, you have already squandered and betrayed him."

Seungyeon paused for a moment, watching Jisoo's reaction after hearing her words.  The woman looked back at her, but didn't say anything, as if she knew Seungyeon hadn't finished speaking.

"And if after parting with me, Jonghyun oppa wants to come back to you and you're happy, remember, it's all because of me. Because I let him go for you."

Jisoo still didn't make a sound. All tastes are now in her heart. Where did the harsh words that she used to always leave without hesitation go? Where is the arrogance always in her? Jisoo hates to admit that everything Seungyeon said is true. That even though Seungyeon let Jonghyun go, all the decisions remain in the hands of the man.

But not.

Park Jisoo won't just give up just because a melancholy feeling comes to her heart.

She has come this far.

It will not stop.

Really.

"So, do we agree?"

Jisoo let out a rough breath, "Alright. Me and Daehyun will stop after seeing you leave Jonghyun. Don't even think about messing with me."

Seungyeon reviewed the little smile, put the wine glass on the table without making a sound.

"That's all I want to say. I hope your self-esteem is high enough to be able to keep the promise in the agreement without this written letter."

After saying that, Seungyeon got up and left Jisoo who was still quiet in her chair.

Jisoo looked at Seungyeon walking away with a sturdy body, a definite step, a face that stared straight ahead, without looking back a bit, as if everything she just said was nothing.

The calm remained until Seungyeon got in his car, sat behind the wheel, and fell silent.

Not angry because of emotions.

Not crying too.

Just silent.

Long time.

Before she finally sighed then exhaled slowly. Pressed the start button and drove the car to meet another person who had promised she would meet tonight, to finish everything.

***