37. Jungshin Promises

Jungshin couldn't take his eyes off Seungyeon. Nothing strange, she only wore casual clothes as usual. Light blue jeans, turtleneck and mocca-colored coat. With hair flowing as is and without makeup.

Seungyeon... Look beautiful.

No wonder, Jonghyun is crazy about her.

Hell.

That fact made Jungshin finally able to avert his eyes, as if realized, she's his best friend's girlfriend.

"Shall we go now?" Asked Jungshin.

Seungyeon finished wearing her favorite white sneakers, then nodded. "Come on."

They both did not talk much during the trip.  Jungshin was busy driving while Seungyeon didn't know where to start the conversation. Until finally Jungshin brought his car into a cafe on the corner of Sinsa-dong.

"Is there really no urgent business?"  Jungshin started a conversation after they were in a private room, which seemed like the man had ordered before.

Seungyeon nodded. "No problem. If not today, I'm not sure I can have any more free time. But, why are we here?"

Jungshin looked around, "Why? Any something wrong?"

"Not like that." Seungyeon hurriedly shook her head. "Just asking."

In fact, Seungyeon feels a little awkward because they are in a private room, that means for no matter how long they will be sitting there. Both.

"Because I want to eat spaghetti and the chef here makes delicious spaghetti. Didn't you promise to treat me anything?"  Jungshin glances ignorantly.

"Of course I remember." Seungyeon answered confidently, then laughing.

"Good for you. And I want to ask you something." Jungshin's sentence was interrupted because the waiter was delivering the order. After saying thank you, he continued. "I want to ask you something."

Seungyeon drinks a little orange juice before staring at Jungshin. "About what?"

"About the terror." Jungshin said quietly.  "So I brought you here, so that no one listens and no paparazzi."

Seungyeon nodded in understanding, silently thanking for understanding Jungshin. Little by little, the awkward feeling that she had felt earlier began to disappear. Be replaced by a sense of comfort. It's just her feeling, maybe, but... talking to a man who is only two years older than her always gives her a sense of comfort.

"You haven't told Jonghyun hyung about the terror?"

"Not yet."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I, a little doubtful. I mean... I don't know who did it and I don't want Jonghyun oppa to worry."

Jungshin nodded, "Did you get another package?"

"No." Seungyeon thought for a while. "But, someone called me, an unknown number. A few days ago."

"What did the person say?"

Seungyeon took out her cellphone, fortunately she arranged that every call she made was recorded automatically, so she could let Jungshin listen to the recording.

The man stopped eating to listen to the tape that was only a few seconds long, then fell silent. "What exactly happened to you?"

With a heavy heart and resentment when remembering the incident, Seungyeon told everything that happened when she was almost hit by a motorcycle. Luckily she still managed to avoid even though some parts of her body were bruised