57. "Lee Seungyeon?"

"Do you still think I'm cheating?"

Jonghyun stammers. "Not." The answer is too hasty.

"And then?"

"Just... I just, um... Well, Jungshin really likes you." Said Jonghyun quietly, almost whispering as he shrugged as if he didn't care even though he was worried half to death.

Seungyeon nodded. "I know that, he already said."

"And your answer is?"

"How do you think?"

Jonghyun chuckles annoyed. "Just answer. Why are you asking me back?"

Jonghyun's annoyed tone managed to make Seungyeon laugh. So amused. And because it feels like it's been a long time not heard that laughter, Jonghyun felt a warm feeling creeping in his heart. He also wanted to laugh, actually, but his pride was too high because he was sulking.

"Jealous huh?"

Oh really. Why is Seungyeon asking something whose answer is certain?

Jonghyun looked at her sharply. "Ya! I'm even jealous of anyone who meets you!"

Again, Seungyeon laughs.

Seriously, Jonghyun's expression right now is like a five-year-old kid angry because his candy was taken. So, is this Lee Jonghyun when he's jealous? Very sweet.

"I'll talk to him later."

"When? Where?"

"How do I know, I haven't contacted him yet."

"Did you just say you would contact another man in front of your boyfriend?"

"Who? Me, your girlfriend? Do you forget that we have-"

"Yyak!" Jonghyun exclaimed, interrupting Seungyeon with a look of disbelief.

"You talked to Jisoo, I talked to Jungshin oppa. Is that fair?"

"Since when are you good at negotiating?"

"I'm always smart, Oppa is not sensitive."

Jonghyun snorts. "Yyak, Lee Seungyeon!"

Seungyeon who was sipping her tea almost choked on that name.

"Since when was my name Lee?"

"Since you are mine."

While chuckling Seungyeon rose from her seat then waved one hand lazily. "Ya, ya, whatever. My name will also be Lee Seungyeon if it's with Lee Jungshin."

Jonghyun who was left in the dining room could only pat his forehead, feeling stupid for not remembering him and Jungshin having the same name.

Damn, he was getting jealous.

***

Again, Jonghyun was in a room at the police station. He was sure these cops were now getting used to seeing him so often he came. Right now Jonghyun has just finished giving his statement after a few days ago submitting new evidence related to Park Jisoo's involvement in the Choi Daehyun case.

It's not easy to convince Seungyeon that the evidence be submitted to the police.  Jonghyun even needed Yonghwa's help to convince the girl that Jisoo really needed to be deterred.

Jonghyun said good-bye leaving the room after all his business was over. Hopefully this is really his last call, after this all the problems he left to the law. And he will be able to refocus on CNBLUE and Seungyeon, to make up for all the mess that has happened.

When Jonghyun was walking in the lobby, he accidentally bumped into Jisoo. Maybe she also just finished meeting the call, just like him. Jisoo's status as a witness still allows her to roam free.

"I don't know what to say." Jisoo said when she stood face to face with Jonghyun.

Jonghyun doesn't answer. He instead took his hand in anger, then pulled her out of the lobby to get out of the police station building. In front of the parking lot, Jonghyun released it with a loud jolt.

"Stop interfering with my life."

This is ironic, Jonghyun said 'my life' as if Jisoo was never included. Jisoo looked away to another place with a feeling of being cut.

"You know? Seungyeon didn't even tell anyone about everything you've done, not to me, not to her family. Until now even Seungyeon still doesn't agree with me reporting you."

Jisoo did not answer.

"And you owe Seungyeon a lot of gratitude. Thanks to her Daehyun has come out of your life. Nobody will bother you anymore. So you also need to stop thinking"

"Seungyeon said," Jisoo finally spoke, interrupting Jonghyun's words. "If the feeling I have for you is only obsession, not love. That I only want the benefits of a relationship with you, for popularity."

Jonghyun takes a breath while watching her.

"But she's wrong, you're all wrong, no one can understand me." Jisoo looked back at Jonghyun, staring at him with tears down her cheeks so that the corners of her lips were bitterly smiling. "If this isn't love, then what?"

Jonghyun sighed while shaking his head.  The tears no longer make his heart feel sorry. "Love or obsession, Jisoo, you will never have me."

"If you had never met Seungyeon, would you love me again like before?"

Jonghyun watched her long before shaking his head. "Sorry. I never really loved you. Not before, now, especially later."

"Even though you have never met Seungyeon?"

"Maybe she and I will meet somewhere, and then I'll still fall in love with her."

"You are too naive."

"Am I naive too, hoping you will grow up and stop bothering us?"

Jisoo looked down while wiping her tears, then looked up with a faint smile. "Let's start everything from the start Oppa, we go from this city together to live a new life."

"I don't want to talk rude to you, but just this time, Jisoo, have shame. Embarrassed at Seungyeon and yourself. After everything she did for you, give her a little respect. You know that you should be in a cell it was with Daehyun for a long time. "

"She is indeed cunning. She knows all the ways to make me lose badly."

Jonghyun shook his head. "You cannot distinguish the sincere and the cunning."

Jisoo smiled again while looking away.  "I thought that all this time I would have a chance, even just a little, to be with you, but apparently I was wrong."

"At least you have had the chance to see me and my friends as seniors who care about you, even if you end up wasting us."

Jisoo didn't make a sound anymore.  Until then she whispered, "I'm sorry."

Jonghyun just nodded. Still too angry to respond to the apology. Then he walked to the place where the car was parked, leaving Jisoo. This time, without looking back at all.

***