47. Is This The End?

Jonghyun felt the place next to him, looking for Seungyeon to hug, but there was no one there. The pillow that was supposed to be used by her lover was cold, like it had been left long ago.

Still half asleep, Jonghyun groaned, trying to open his eyes a little and listen carefully to find the whereabouts of the girl he really needed to hug tight this morning.

But, Seungyeon was nowhere to be seen in the corner of the room, nor was the sound of water coming from the bathroom if she was there.

"Seungyeon?" Jonghyun called out in a hoarse voice.

No answer.

With his eyes half closed, he finally tried to get out of bed and look for the girl's whereabouts. Not caring about hair that is still disheveled and barefoot, Jonghyun exits the room and scans the entire quiet house.

"Seungyeon?" He called even louder.

Because it wasn't in any room, he finally opened the door that led to the front porch, and that's where Seungyeon was.  Occupying one of the two lounge chairs on the terrace.

He wonder what she was thinking, she just looked straight ahead with blank eyes.  Strands of her hair were slightly blown off, her face without makeup, but that was not what made Jonghyun stunned in the doorway. He was surprised, this morning, they should still spend time in bed together and warm each other's body. Instead of sitting on the terrace accompanied by the cold air alone with very neat clothes.

Yes, this morning Seungyeon was very neat.  As if ready to go. And Jonghyun wondered, since what time did this girl take a shower and get ready? Does she need to go somewhere because of an urgent matter?

Jonghyun walked over, hugged her from behind, making Seungyeon jump a little in surprise.

"What are you doing here?"

"Already up?" Instead of answering, Seungyeon instead asked back.

"Ya. By the way, you have bad habits, baby."

"What is that?"

"Leave me in bed alone."

Seungyeon rolled her eyes, annoyed. She let go of Jonghyun's hug and turned to look at his handsome face.

"I have something to talk about."

"What is that?" Jonghyun asked curiously, sitting next to Seungyeon but their bodies faced each other.

Seungyeon's palm slowly ran down his face, stroking along his firm jaw, Jonghyun just closed his eyes enjoying the touch while waiting for what she wanted to say.

A few minutes passed, and not a word came out of Seungyeon.

"How about we talk inside? It's cold here."  Jonghyun tried to pull her arm to stand up.

"No. Just here." Reject Seungyeon firmly.

Jonghyun frowned. Confused. But he complied, staring at Seungyeon right in her beautiful iris.

For the sake of her love for Mom and Dad, Seungyeon swears this is the hardest thing she has to say to someone all her life.

She sighed heavily, met Jonghyun's gaze and let go of their hands.

"I wan't to break up."

Finally she said.

The sentence that Seungyeon didn't want to hear the most, in the end she herself said it first.

God.

Suddenly the air around Jonghyun seemed to stop. Five words that he had never wanted to hear, now creep right into the solar plexus. Jonghyun was frozen like he was unconscious. Strangely, he could not shed tears.

"Lie." He croaked.

Jonghyun stared at the iris which had never been absent made him fall in love to find lies there. Looking for the remnants of love that had always been shared by them.  Hoping, the iris showed restrained laughter that what she had just said was just a joke.

But, what he saw was a flawless seriousness. Beautiful face is cold. Her lips were tightly closed, not in the slightest wanting to correct her words.

"Baby, you're kidding." Jonghyun almost whispered.

Seungyeon didn't respond, still staring at Jonghyun with a cold look.

Realizing that, Jonghyun laughed.

Tasteless.

Forced.

Then speechless.

"What did I do wrong?" This time, Jonghyun really whispered.

Only then, Seungyeon let out a rough breath. "I thought my love was that big for you that I dared to define it as love. But it wasn't. Everything wasn't that big. And I didn't see a future for this relationship. It's a waste of time, so I want everything to end."

Hell.

Jonghyun isn't sure he can digest what he just heard just now. Seungyeon said it clearly and without hesitation. As if it was a dialogue that she had memorized for weeks.

"After what we did last night?"

Ironically, in the midst of irregular heartbeat and shock that still controlled themselves, as well as pain that slowly spread throughout the body, Jonghyun did not know what to say until only that sentence could be issued by his lips.

Seungyeon chuckled, chuckling while shaking his head, as if underestimating.

"We didn't do anything last night." She said lightly.

"Then what is my fault?"

"I told you I don't see the future in this relationship."

"What do you want me to do? If you are not sure about me, with this relationship, what do you want? I will do anything. Please, Seungyeon.. Don't be like this, please, I'm begging you. Tell me what to do? What  that can make you confident and endure? Please, don't be-"

As if the full sentence of the request was windy, Seungyeon got up and walked to the yard where the car was parked. Behind her, Jonghyun chased frantically. Repeatedly reaching for her arm and always succeeding at the edge, Seungyeon really deafens both of her ears and hardens her heart.

"Wait! Seungyeon wait, I'm begging you, don't go-"

When Seungyeon opened the car door, Jonghyun managed to pull her arm, making them now stand face to face.

"Listen to me Yoo Seungyeon!"

Seungyeon jumped slightly because of Jonghyun's desperate shout. The man's face turned red, his grip tightened, his eyes dimmed.

"Don't leave me alone, please... We can talk about this well, okay? But please don't leave, we're not over yet, baby, not yet... We have a future, I can prove it, I will-"

"Are you deaf, Lee Jonghyun-ssi !?"

It was the first time the shy sweet girl screamed right in front of him like this. Her breath gasped with anger.

"Are you that stupid to not understand what I just said? We're over! So stop asking me to stay by your side! I'm sick of it!"

Seungyeon loosened Jonghyun's grip on her arm roughly, got into the car then left without the slightest turning back.

Leaving the man who she just incised the wound in his heart. The man who managed to take all her heart. The man who has been the center of happiness. A man who is loved so much.

***