32. Put Myself First

Jonghyun straighten the hair on Seungyeon's forehead. She fell asleep, frowning several times, it seemed like she had a bad dream.

When Jonghyun's hand touched the wound from a knife on her cheek, Seungyeon's eyes opened. Showing a gaze that knows what it means.

"Forgive me." Jonghyun said softly.

"How many times do I have to forgive you?"

Jonghyun grabbed Seungyeon's hand, kissed her, as he usually did.

"This is the last one. I promise I will not disappoint you again."

Seungyeon woke up from her sleep, now they sat facing each other, "I need more than a promise."

"I know."

Okay, Seungyeon sees the sincerity in those eyes. Something in Seungyeon seemed to believe in Jonghyun and the sincerity that the man said just now.  And, honestly, it touched her.

But still. This was the umpteenth time -in a relationship between the two of them that had only been a few months- he disappointed her.

"So, do you want to tell me something now?" Seungyeon asked carefully.

Jonghyun was silent for a moment, before finally nodding with confidence. "Ya. Everything. After we get home from here."

"All right. Let's go home."

They both met Jungshin who was playing with Simba -his favorite dog- in the living room, the man immediately stopped laughing when he saw the two people who had been in his room.

"Have you finished renting my room?"

Seungyeon looked down, hiding the hue of her face that appeared suddenly. "Sorry Oppa, and... thank you."

"Why do women love to say sorry and thank you?"

"So what do you expect me to say?"

Jungshin looked at Seungyeon, began to want to tease the girl, but Jonghyun who was also there cleared his throat suddenly. Make Jungshin turn his gaze to him.

"We leave now." Jonghyun said while pursing his lips slightly to see the closeness between Seungyeon and Jungshin. Since when have these two people gotten closer?

"Just go, then." Jungshin replied while loosening his head. "Ah! Seungyeon!"

Seungyeon who was surprised because suddenly Jungshin called out her name only muttered, "Hm?"

"You have to buy me a meal to replace this." He said, pointing at some of his bruised face.

Guilt immediately appeared clearly through Seungyeon's facial expression, she nodded her head many times. "I will. I'll do it. Just say what you want and let's go eat."

Jungshin burst out laughing. Really. The girl is very adorable right now, her white cheeks flushed, she rolled her eyes wide, her brown irises reminded Jungshin of a caramel. Sweet.

Jonghyun, who felt somewhat forgotten, cleared his throat again, this time louder. Then pulling Seungyeon closer to him.

"We go home then." He said again as he walked toward the door, but suddenly turned around.  "And if you want to eat something just let me know." He said curtly.

Seungyeon and Jungshin who heard it even looked at each other questioningly. Doesn't the dimpled man want to say something more pleasant to both of them after what he did?

***

Seungyeon didn't blink at the slightest when she heard Jonghyun's explanation. She digested the words he said and tried to understand him as best she could. And, honestly, Seungyeon is shocked by the story. She thought, things like that -that was what happened to Jisoo- only existed in fiction or films, but apparently there were people who actually experienced it. It feels amazing what Jonghyun has done for that woman.