60. Barbeque

Jonghyun skillfully grilled beef for four adult men who have a big appetite. Not far from where he and the grill are, Jungshin was busy cutting paprika awkwardly.

"Shin try calling Yonghwa hyung or Minhyuk, ask why they bought beer for so long." Exclaimed Jonghyun.

"Hyung, I'm busy." Jungshin shouted back.

Jonghyun glanced at Jungshin then rolled his eyes, the maknae was just changing the shape of paprika into an abstract piece. Where is the busy life?

In the end neither of the two of them contacted Yonghwa or Minhyuk. Jonghyun was only determined to finish all the beef he was grilling if they were late.

By the way, they are currently on Muuido Island, Incheon. More precisely being camped on the edge of Hanaggae Beach.

Yes, their hiatus will end in one more week.  So before all the rush to make money takes time, the four of them agreed to go to Incheon. Enjoying spring by camping on the beach while barbecue, drinking beer and talking about everything would be fun. Moreover, the temperature is warmer and cherry blossoms have begun to bloom, making the scenery more beautiful.

"Here, I cut everything." Jungshin approached Jonghyun, handing over a plate of paprika which has now become abstract.

"Cut the mushroom as well, then arrange it with the paprika in the stitch." Jonghyun pointed at Shiitake and the wooden prick with his chin, his hands still busy with the grill.

Without denying, Jungshin immediately grabbed Shiitake, starting to change it into another abstract form.

A few minutes passed without conversation, both of them were busy with their respective duties, until Jonghyun glanced at Jungshin and cleared his throat softly.

"Are you alright?"

Jungshin nodded. "Of course. This is not a difficult thing." The answer is confident with the knife still in hand.

"That's not it. I mean after Seungyeon..." Jonghyun hesitated for a moment. "Well, you must know what I mean."

Jungshin stopped his activities for a moment, giving himself time to think before answering Jonghyun's question.

"I'm disappointed. Though from the beginning I knew that I would not win, but still I felt disappointed."

Jonghyun was shocked to hear Jungshin's honesty. Even though he said it with a relaxed and ordinary expression, but he knew that it was honesty.

"Forgive me."

"Why is Hyung apologizing?"

"Because I can't let Seungyeon go. Not to you or anyone."

Jungshin raised the corner of his lips, forming a small smile. "Then don't waste her again. Or she'll run a second time."

"I know. That will never happen again." Jonghyun said confidently.

"Did Hyung realize that she meant something after she left?"

"No. I knew from the start that she meant something to me. But, when she left, I realized that she was more than meaningful. She was like half my life."

Jonghyun said while looking at Jungshin. His earnest tone of speech, honest eyes, and firmness were fully realized by Jungshin, making him feel a painful rush in his chest.

It's okay, he told himself.

"But I will not apologize to you, Hyung."

"Because of what?"

"Because I love her."

Jonghyun looked at Jungshin frankly. He knows, again, Jungshin said honesty. If Seungyeon's situation hasn't returned to him, he is sure he will give a gift of a blow to Jungshin right now. How dare that man claim to love a girl who clearly already loves another man.