23. Sudden Date

Jonghyun pressed several numbers on the door of the Seungyeon apartment followed by a 'beep' twice, indicating the door was open. Speaking of which the man who currently uses black padding managed to remember the code after asking the apartment owner again who was none other than his own lover.

After changing his shoes with house slippers, Jonghyun entered the living room and found no one there. Then he entered the main room, also no one.

"Seungyeon?" He exclaimed.

When entering the room that was deliberately used as a library, then Jonghyun found Seungyeon, the girl was sitting on the sofa while reading a book seriously.

"I guess where you are going."

Seungyeon who was surprised immediately raised her head, "Oh? When you arrive?"

"Just now. Didn't you hear me calling your name?"

"No." Seungyeon closed the book she was reading, pulled Jonghyun's arm to sit next to her. "Oppa did a good job today?"

Jonghyun pulled Seungyeon into his arms, "Yes. I did it. Why are you here? I told you to rest."

"I'm tired of just staying in bed." Seungyeon looked up, looked at Jonghyun who was still hugging her. "Have had dinner?"

"I did. How about you?"

Seungyeon answered with a nod of her head, "But I want to eat sweet food now. How about we order bingsu?"

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, confused, then looked at the wrist that was coiled around his left wrist, "It's almost ten o'clock at night and you have a cold. Don't eat cold food. Anyway it's winter."

"But I want to eat sweet food." Seungyeon blinked a few times, hoping Jonghyun would grant her wish.

"No. Another request." Jonghyun shook his head loudly, "What about cake? Matcha? Red velvet?"

"Cakes don't taste good when ordered. Are you tired? Go out, huh?"

Jonghyun smiled as he frowned, feeling surprised at Seungyeon's unusual desire. "You have a cold. Is it okay to get out this late?"

"Stop talking about flu~ Come on~"

Okay. Was successful. Jonghyun smiled broadly, showing his dimples because of that aegyo. "Aish really. Go change into a warmer one."

Seungyeon kissed Jonghyun on the cheek and immediately ran to her room, leaving Jonghyun with a smile.

***

Seungyeon hummed a little while wiping the dew on the car window, her left hand, as usual, held by a man who was currently driving while occasionally kissing her.

"I feel fresher today."

"Your voice is still hoarse like that."

Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun and smiled, "Hm. But I feel better." She said sure.

"Maybe it's because I hug continuously."

"Ahjussi is so confident~" Seungyeon touched Jonghyun's dimples with her finger.

Jonghyun laughed amused every time Seungyeon called him ahjussi, "We arrived, we arrived..." he said.

Jonghyun parked the car in front of a simple brown-painted building in one corner of the Gangnam area. Then Jonghyun grabbed Seungyeon's hand and walked side by side into the building. After entering, they immediately descended the stairs to the underground. Apparently the café they used to visit whenever they wanted the desert was in the basement. While the first and second floors are clothing stores, which, like the building, look simple.

The place is not too crowded, tend to be quiet instead, but the desert there is the most delicious according to both of them. After finding a comfortable seat, in a corner that is not too bright, Seungyeon sat herself, while the lover ordered something at the cashier.

Soon Jonghyun returned, sat in front of Seungyeon and looked at her, "Why do you suddenly want to eat sweet food?"

"I just want to." Seungyeon shrugged lightly, then was enthusiastic when a waiter delivered their order; a cup of hot chocolate, a cup of latte, and one piece of matcha cake.

After saying thanks, Seungyeon raised her hot chocolate cup, blew it for a while before taking a sip. Likewise Jonghyun did with his latte, then the man cut a little cake in front of him using a fork and fed it to Seungyeon who was more enthusiastic when the sweet food came into her mouth.

There was nothing wrong with their sudden date that night, everything was fine until when a man in a black suit approached their table with an arrogant smile.

"Lee Jonghyun-ssi? Ah, it's really you." He said, while sitting directly in the chair next to Jonghyun without permission.

Jonghyun who was indeed surprised because someone recognized him, looked at the man with a frown. But then his expression became alert and angry at the same time.

"Choi Daehyun-ssi."

"Right. It's me. Long time no see, you still remember my face well apparently." Daehyun said with a super arrogant tone of voice and smile. "And you already have a new bitch."

Gong Seungyeon, who was just silent and feeling confused because she didn't know who Choi Daehyun was, was even more confused and offended because the arrogant man looked at her with a cheeky look while calling her a 'bitch'.

"Watch your mouth!" Jonghyun warned Daehyun in a low tone, still trying to be patient.

Daehyun laughed scornfully, "You're still as emotional as before. Try to relax a little, friend."

"Are you approaching me just to talk nonsense? If there is nothing useful you would say please leave."

"Your nature hasn't changed." Daehyun smiled sarcastically, "Seems like it's still easy to be played with. But you always get a beautiful girl, I admit it. You don't want to introduce this beautiful girl to me?"

Jonghyun pulled the collar of the blazer that Daehyun used so he stopped staring at Seungyeon and turned to look straight at him, "Get out of here while I'm still patient!"

"Ah, then I'll find out about this girl by myself. Because it turns out she's more beautiful to be seen directly like this than on television."

Jonghyun had his fist in the air and only a few inches left on Daehyun's jaw if only Seungyeon had not pulled his arm until his movements stopped.

"Oppa." Seungyeon said quietly, trying to reduce Jonghyun's emotions. While Daehyun, still smiling cynically, looked at Jonghyun with a clear challenge from the look in his eyes.

"Alright, I'm going this time." Daehyun stood up from his seat, then looked away at Seungyeon, "See you again."

Jonghyun breathed hard many times after Daehyun left, it was clear that his emotions were still left. He couldn't understand why after all this time he had to meet with Daehyun when he was with Seungyeon. In a place that he never expected too.

Seungyeon looked at Jonghyun worried, although confused and wanted to ask who the man named Choi Daehyun was but she still held back. At least she will ask later when Jonghyun's emotions have subsided.

***