Epilogue

Jonghyun sat awkwardly in front of Mr.Yoo, for a moment he didn't think about the cameras around them now.

Previously, Jonghyun was just happy because it turned out that the menu chosen by Seungyeon really suited his taste, but everything turned awkward and nervous after Seungyeon turned their lunch into an introduction. That the chef in this restaurant is her father.

Oh, the surprise that girl made really works!

Don't get his wrong, it's not like Jonghyun doesn't want to meet the Seungyeon family. Although not long ago he knew the girl, Jonghyun really wanted their relationship to go further, getting to know each other deeper. Want to get to know the Seungyeon family, but not this way. Not for filming purposes.

Jonghyun really wants to introduce himself in a good way. Come to her house with confidence, and certainly not come with empty handed.

Fortunately, Mr.Yoo's friendly attitude slightly made him sigh in relief. The middle-aged man did not seem to mind his daughter being close to Jonghyun, if only he could be a little confident.

Mr.Yoo sipped his wine casually, while Jonghyun racked his brain to find the conversation that was appropriate. A little, he grumbled to himself because Seungyeon went to the toilet and left them alone.

"Seungyeon, she is a nice girl." Said Jonghyun starting the conversation. "I haven't known her for a long time, but, I'm very grateful to meet Seungyeon."

Mr.Yoo nodded, there was pride in the tone of his voice when he spoke. "She is an independent child and is quite mature in thinking. At the beginning of this career, I thank you for helping her a lot."

Jonghyun reviewed the smile, but felt even more awkward because Mr.Yoo pointed the camera around, indirectly saying that all of this was just work.

Suddenly, his heart was disturbed. "I want to ask for your permission, Sir, to get closer to Seungyeon beyond all of this. I want to know your daughter more deeply."

Mr.Yoo frowned. "Then after knowing her more deeply, what will you do?"

For a moment Jonghyun thought of the words he would say. "Maybe, you think this is too fast, but... I like Seungyeon. Not just as a coworker, but as a man to a girl. And day by day, that love is increasing. I love Seungyeon."

He looked at Jonghyun frankly. Mr.Yoo knows, under the table, the young man's fingers must have been tightly clenched in nerves. "My permission won't matter if Seungyeon doesn't have the same feelings for you."

"That's true." Jonghyun nodded.  "Therefore I will try to prove to her that my feelings are serious. I will treat Seungyeon well, love her, protect her with all my might, and love her with all my heart."

Really this is all outside the plan.

Jonghyun never knew he would speak this seriously about the feelings of a Father of the girl he liked. And he will not just back down, he has started everything, he has expressed his feelings.

"You want me to hand over Seungyeon to you?"

Jonghyun shook his head politely. "No, Sir, I will not take Seungyeon from you. But I ask you to share the obligation to love and protect Seungyeon to me. Maybe it will not be as good as you, but I hope that you will be given the opportunity to do all the best for Seungyeon.

"From now on, I will try to be a better man. So that I deserve Seungyeon, who can always guide her, meet all her needs, and be happy. Also so that one day I can come to you in the right way to ask for your blessing."

Mr.Yoo made a pause with a silence.  Honestly speaking, hearing all of Jonghyun's goals for his daughter, made him feel salute and touched. And let's say this is a father's instinct, even though this is the first time they met face to face, Mr.Yoo knows Jonghyun is a good man, principled and hard-working. Moreover, responsible.

Then Mr. Yoo's mind returned to a few days ago when Seungyeon returned home, said she would introduce Jonghyun to him, asking him to cook a special menu for them, not wanting to make Jonghyun disappointed. Seungyeon who was so eager to talk about Jonghyun with sparkling eyes really made Mr.Yoo's heart fluttered. He knows, his eldest daughter is in love.

After knowing Jonghyun's feelings were the same, a quiet relief approached. Then there is no doubt for him to give the permission Jonghyun asked for. To get to know his daughter more closely. To give them time to establish a relationship. Until later when the time comes, he will really divide his duties to Jonghyun to make Seungyeon happy by all means.

"Then, if later you get to know Seungyeon better and find one or two things about her that makes you complain, don't hurt her by finding a better girl. But make her better."

Finally, Jonghyun breathed a sigh of relief.  Mr.Yoo's words really make his heart tight with happiness. Now his heart is more confident to bring Seungyeon forward. Without the slightest hesitation.

"Of course, Sir, you can count on me."

Right when Jonghyun thanked, Seungyeon rejoined them. Likewise, the shooting which was delayed a while. The three of them returned to a warm conversation accompanied by laughter.

Let people make stories about him and Seungyeon from what they see on the screen. Without them knowing, there is always a story behind the scenes, and for Jonghyun, this is the best story behind the scenes.

• The End •

Disclaimer:
This story belongs purely to athenamusa and is entirely fictional. All names and characters are only for the sake of the story.
Please do not duplicate and quote part or all of the contents of the story without author's permission.