31. Choose To Get Involved

There is a heart that is hurt because of a waiting. Supposedly, the heart learns that waiting means courage to get hurt. Even more in love, don't ever be a stupid ass that falls over and over again.

Seungyeon sat quietly on the edge of Jungshin's bed, staring blankly at the plain wall in front of her. As if feeling laughed at, Seungyeon turned her face to the side, before finally she looked down at her ankles, which were red from the rope.

There was the sound of someone knocking on the door, making Seungyeon looked up looking at the sound, "Yes?"

"Can I come in?"

"Yes, you can."

Jungshin slowly opened the door, leaning his head slightly, as if hesitating to go straight in. Strange, even though it's his own room.

"Sorry I brought you here, I can't think of any place that is safest right now. Safe from the paparazzi and... that guy." Jungshin sighed, "Ah, take it easy, my sister will be home soon, so we are not alone here."

Seungyeon shook her head slowly, "I don't know what else to say besides thank you. But Oppa, your face.."

Jungshin looked at the mirror attached to the wall beside him, noticing his bruised face here and there and the corner of his ripped lips. "It's okay. How about you? Are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital?"

"Ya, I feel better." Seungyeon looked at Jungshin who is now sitting in the only chair in the room. "How did you find me?"

"It's just a coincidence. I have a dinner appointment with my sister and some friends there, but I saw you almost dragged into the car when I was going to the basement, so I followed you."

"Sorry.." Seungyeon whispered, the girl lowered her face, grimly.

"You don't need to apologize for anything. Anyway, you want me to call Jonghyun hyung and ask him to come here?"

Seungyeon was silent, giving a long break.  "I even called him a dozen times and there was no answer." She's answer in the end.

Jungshin nodded, confused about how to respond. "He must know what he's doing, don't worry too much."

But it seems like Jungshin's sentence just now didn't make Seungyeon calm or feel relieved or feel any better. And the man noticed, then he quickly continued, "You know what's funny?"

"What?"

"Three times we both met by coincidence."

Seungyeon frowned, trying to remember, "Really?"

"Hospital, café, and now this is. All coincidence."

"Ah, right!" Seungyeon exclaimed in amazement, for the first time this evening the girl showed her smile.

"Remember? Funny, right? We never made promises before, and I never imagined we would meet you in those places."

"I never imagined that either. And when I was at the hospital the other day, I apologized for being unkind to you."  Seungyeon said embarrassed.

Jungshin shrugged lightly, "Maybe it's because your body temperature was rising at that time? Or because it's cold but there isn't anyone you can hug?"

Seungyeon raised her eyebrows, annoyed.  "Oppa, don't ramble ..."

"You're the most sensitive person I've ever met when you were sick. And lower your pride a little, learn to ask for help from others."

"What are you talking about, Oppa? I mean-that's because--"

Jungshin chuckled because Seungyeon stammered, "What? I won't bite even if you ask for help directly. You can say 'Oppa take me home' or 'Oppa buy me ice cream' like that."