61. Goodbye

There were boisterous applause, cheers and praise from the director and all the crew who filled the set. All of it is aimed at Seungyeon who is in their midst. The girl smiled broadly, bowed several times while saying thank you for everyone's hard work.

Seungyeon approached Jeongsu who immediately readily offered a bottle of drinking water.

"You are amazing today, your hard work is satisfying everyone. Starting tomorrow you can rest and be a little lazy at home."  Jeongsu said while laughing.

"Thank you, Oppa. Yeah, it's finally finished. I'm very relieved!" Seungyeon exclaims happily.

Indeed, today is the last day of filming for her latest drama and Seungyeon managed to finish her part very well. She was confident enough after this she would definitely get a bigger role. That means she has to work even harder. Hard work won't betray the results, right?

"Oh, here. There was an incoming call but I didn't have time to answer." Jeongsu handed over the Seungyeon cellphone that he had kept earlier.

Seungyeon received it and then both of her eyebrows linked to see a series of numbers listed on the screen. And one message from the same number began to disturb curiosity.

010-38xx (3:15 p.m):

Can we meet? At eight tonight in the garden of your apartment I feel quite safe. I hope you will see me just once more.

***

To be honest, Seungyeon was hesitant to go to the park in accordance with the message she had read this afternoon but she didn't reply. But, again, curiosity overcomes all that doubt. So this is where she is now. Walk alone to the children's playground in her quiet apartment environment every past seven o'clock.

In the distance Seungyeon saw someone she would meet. Apparently she had arrived earlier, sitting alone on a bench.

With certain steps Seungyeon approached, wordlessly sitting not far beside her.

That person, Park Jisoo, turned her head and breathed a sigh of relief. "I don't think you will come." She said quietly.

Seungyeon glanced at her watch, eight more twenty minutes. Yes, she is late. But indifference, she will not apologize.

"I do not have much time." Said Seungyeon in a cold tone.

Next to her, Jisoo looked down, didn't know what she was looking at, or maybe her gaze was actually blank, then covered a smile.

I wonder what is on her mind right now, Seungyeon can't and doesn't want to guess. She was even busy thinking about the judge's decision that the woman had obtained a few weeks ago.

In contrast to Daehyun who received a sentence of seven years in prison and a fine of hundreds of millions of won for everything he had done, Jisoo only received a sentence of one year probation and a fine of hundreds of millions of won.

Too light?

She have no idea.

Maybe Daehyun is heavier because besides he is a drug user, but also at the same time a seller, while Jisoo is not related to it. Or maybe it's because Jisoo was defended by expensive, reliable lawyers, whereas Daehyun was only by free lawyers provided by the state. Whatever the reason, the judge has knocked the hammer.

Seungyeon secretly shuddered in terror, increasingly aware of what the entertainment world was like. The world where she is actually in it, which turns out to be very vulnerable to collapse if she is not good at choosing who to make friends with and build relationships. But at the same time she dreamed of the world since childhood. And not only herself, but many people, including Jisoo.