[Gabriel Damon]

Y/N POV

Being a girl and a newsie leader is hard, especially being the leader of Queens. I was woken up by the sound of my boys yelling, so I climbed out of bed and fixed my hair before walking out of my room. All the boys are wide awake and running around like crazy. I pulled my pocket watch out of my pocket to check the time before walking over to my little brother.

"Heya Harry. How are you this fine morning?" I asked him

"Tired." Harry answered me

I laughed as I walked away.

"Alrighty boys, the sun is up the headline probably stinks so lets go sell some papes" I yelled

All the boys nodded before headed down to the paper center to get our papes, I followed after everyone left to make sure they all make it there safe and sound. As I ran with the boys my short (Like shoulder length) hair flew in the wind, its cold outside this morning but that doesn't stop us. When we got to the paper center I got my papes then headed off to my selling spot. My spot was on a cornor that many people walk by, my newsies don't sell there cause they know that it's my spot but I don't get mad if they do cause it is a good spot. When I got closer I noticed a boy at my spot but he isn't a Queen newsie.

"Who are you?" I asked when I got close enough to him

"None of your business girl, now why don't you go and do something" He said

"It is my business when you're on my turf" I snapped

I boy suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him, I couldn't act scared not now.

"I don't know who you think you are but you don't talk to me that way girl" He spat

I kicked to boy and pinned him to the ground.

"No, you don't talk to me that way. No one treats the Queen the way you did. Now I am only going to ask you once. Who is your leader?" I spat and the boy

"Spot Conlon" The boy said while tearing up

"Good, now get off of my turf before I end you" I said while getting off of him

The boy got up and ran, when I was sure he was gone I picked up my papes and started to sell. After about an hour I finished, I looked at my arm when the boy had grabbed me and I saw a bruise forming.

"Just what I needed today" I mumbled

I headed back to the lodging house to find Bay, Bay is my second in command. Once I found him I explained what happened and that I was heading to Brookyln to talk to Spot. When I was done I started my walk to Brooklyn, it's not that far of a walk but it does take forever on foot. When I got to Brooklyn I noticed how different it was from Queens, I get a bad feeling from it. As I was walking to there lodging house someone grabbed my arm and yanked me, I looked to see the boy from earlier.

"You again, you're not so high and mighty now are you. You're in Brooklyn now" The boy whispered in my ear

I went to run but he grabbed my hair and yanked me back, he shoved me to the ground. He then got on top of me pinning me to the cold ground below. I have three choices right now either let this boy beat me up, scream, or try to fight back. I'm gonna choose fight. I pushed as hard as I could and the boy fell off of me. I took that chance to punch him as hard as I could, in the corner of my eye I saw another newsie walking this way. So I let the boy pin me to the ground again. When I new that the newsie I saw was close enough I let out a scream. And sure enough that other boy came running and he then saw me pinned to the ground. I took that chance to kick the boy who had me pinned when he was off of me I took the chance and ran. I ran towards the lodging house till I knew those boys couldn't hurt me. When I got to the lodging house I fixed my hair and close before walking in.