[Kara Lindsay]

The reader is Katherine's little sister who ran away and has been living with the newsies for years. You are also dating Race :)....

Y/N POV

I was woke up by an all to familiar voice shaking me.

"Baby, it's time to get up." Race sad

"No." I mumbled 

Race let out a laugh before grabbing my waist and pulling me out of bed. I let out a scream as he tossed me over his shoulder.

"Race my hat" I said as he started to walk away

"You don't need it" he answered

I can feel the smirk on his face as he carried me downstairs, the other newsies laughed as they saw what was happening.

"Race, put the poor kid down" Jack said

Race mumbled something I couldn't make out and he placed me on the ground. I rolled my eyes and ran upstairs to grab my shoes. Once I had my shoes I quickly put them on and ran down stairs. I jumped onto Races back and smiled as he placed his hands on my legs keeping me in place. I gave Race a quick kiss on the cheek before we started to make our way to the distribution center. As we walked I saw Katherine walking with Darcy, I quickly jumped off Race's and ran to a place where Katherine couldn't see me. 

"Well hello, hello there beautiful." Romeo said

"Step aside Romeo, good morning miss. May I interest you in morning paper." Jack said

"The paper isn't out yet." Katherine answers

I jumped when a pair of arms wrapped around me making me lose concentration in the rest of the conversation. I quickly hugged Race back, Race and I have been dating for a few months and man does this boy know how to make me feel like a queen/king. Race grabbed my hand pulling me along with the rest of the boys. I tripped over my feet and soon fell flat on my face.

"You good?" Specs asked me

"Yeah. I'm . great" I said laughing between each word

Specs chuckled before helping me up, we got into line to get our papers when I noticed a new boy. 

"So Y/N how do you think these new boys will do?" Specs asked me

"Not good because look how the older boy is dressed. God." I mumbled

"Someone has an attitude today" Specs teased

"I will hurt you" I snapped turning around

Before anything could happen Race walked over to me and pulled me away. He wrapped his arms around me, one arm around my waist the other playing with my hair.

"I bought you papes" Race mumbled

I pushed myself away from Race and looked at him.

"Why? I could have done it. I am paying you back and don't say no" I said

I reached into my pocket and pulled out some coins, I placed them in Races hand just as Jack started to yell.

"Newsies hit the streets the sun is up, the headline stinks and this kid ain't getting any younger." Jack said

I grabbed my papes from race gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and them ran down to my spot.  When I got to my spot it only took my an hour to sell all my papers, on my way back to the lodging house I saw Katherine walking around with Darcy still. I stopped dead in my tracks before running away to Brooklyn. Once I was in Brooklyn I found an alley and sank down, my head was laying on the cold wall.