[Gabriel Damon]

Y/N POV

This has been very sucsessful, I have been living with the newsies of Brookyln for a few months because I am hiding from my father. Spot is the only one who knows what my father has done to me so he is set on keeping me safe. He has made some soild rules that I have to follow like I am not allowed to leave the lodging house without him or Ace. So I sit around all day and I feel like a burden to these boys, the fun part is Spot doesn't really let me leave his room and only the Brooklyn newsies know I am here.

As i'm sitting in Spots room I jump as heard the door slam open, was it one of the boys back early? They never slam the door, I slowly moved out of Spots room to see who or what it is. As I made my way down the stairs I saw my father, I covered my mouth and quietly went back upstairs. I shut the door and locked it, I just need to hope he doesn't know I'm here or that the boys come back soon. I could feel panic hit me when I heard footsteps coming near the door.

"Where is that stuipd brat?" My father spat from the otherside of the door

I sucked in a deep breath when he tried opening the door, I moved over to the corner of the room. I covered my mouth trying to cover my cries as he started to bang on the door.

"Please? Please Spot?" I cried "How did he even find me?"

As the door broke down my panic got worse, my father saw me right away and headed stright for me. I let out a small scream as he grabbed me and slammed me against the wall.

"You really throught you could hide from me" He yelled

"H-How d-d-did you find me?"

"Your newsie friends were talking about you and I happened to over hear it" He said with a smirk

I started to cry and he grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled me down to the floor, I went to go run but he grabbed my hair and yanked me back. He pushed me to the ground and kicked my side, I let out a small whimper as pain over took me. I pushed myself up off the ground and ran out of the door and down the stairs. I could hear my father chasing me, I can't stop now.

Before I could get out of the lodging house my father tackled me to the ground, I hit my head causing me to cry. After a bit of struggling I got up and out of the lodging house, I started to run around Brooklyn trying to find Spot, Ace or anyone for a matter of fact. As I was running I finally found Spot, I ran over to him and he stumbled at the sudden force.

"Y/N? How- Why are you out here? What happened?" He asked

"M-My father h-he found out where I was a-a-and attacked me" I cried into his chest

"It's okay, I'm here now. I'll protect you" He said

"He'll come back for me though" I said

"Not on my watch. Now lets go back to the lodging house and we will find your father and take him down" Spot said

Spot wiped my tears and grabbed my hand and together we headed back to the lodging house, when we got back the place was trashed no thanks to my father I assume.

"I'm sorry Spot. You should just let me go back onto the streets, I'm putting you and the other boys into danger" I said

"Y/N you are such a sweet kid, you are not a problem and we are happy to protect you no matter what." He said

"Oh" I whispered

"Now lets get you cleaned up" Spot said

Spot guided me back upstairs and into his private bathroom, he picked me up and sat me down on the tub. He got a rag and started to clean my cuts, as he got to a bad one I hissed and flinched back.

"Sorry" he said "Listen Y/N I have made it my duty to protect you no matter what. I really care about you and I might not act like a boy who cares but I do, I will always care" 

"Thank you Spot, it is hard since I've never really had someone who cared about me" I said

"I understand" Spot said

Spot pressed a kiss to my forehead, and stroked my hair.

"I am never leaving you I want you to know that" He whispered

"Thank you" I whispered back

"Anytime, now would you like to be my partner?" He asked

"Really?" I asked

"Yes" He said

"Then yes" I said and wrapped my arms around him

Spot smiled and pulled me closer to him, I laid my head down onto his chest and took a deep breath letting myself relax at his touch. I could feel my eyes get heavy as I started to fall asleep, I felt myself getting picked up.

Spot's POV

I laid Y/N down and headed down to the boys, they all seemed to be confused at the fact that the whole place is a mess.

"Okay boys Y/N father found them and now we really must protect them. Not matter what at least on boy will stay here with them to make sure they is safe. They is our queen/king now and that won't be changing anytime soon" I explained

All the boys nodded and agreed, we talked for a little longer then they headed off to bed or do their own thing. I headed back upstairs to see Y/N still asleep. I will do anything to protect them even if that mean I die in the process.