18

[unedited]

Jimin's Pov

"For Jeon Jungkook."

I immediately look up as a doctor came out and called Jungkook's name after about 15 minutes of waiting in torture.

Me and Mr. Jeon stand up and walk to the doctor. He's holding a clip board as he's waiting for us.

"Hello Mr. Jeon and Mr. Park I am Dr. Lee and I have good and bad news about Jeon Jungkook." The doctor begins to speak and me and Mr. Jeon both nod as we listen carefully.

Dr. Lee looks at his clipboard and says, "The good news is that he's alright he just has a few cuts and a concussion he is very lucky," I sigh relieved and Mr. Jeon smiles at me.

"but the bad news is that he is unconscious and he has to stay hospitalized for about a week."

"That's alright, as long as he gets better he can stay here as long as he needs to." Mr. Jeon says when the doctor finishes talking.

Dr. Lee nods and asks, "Do you guys want to see him right now?" He looks back and forth at me and Mr. Jeon.  I nod and quickly say, "Yes please."

The doctor looks at Mr. Jeon who nods in agreement with me.

He smiles and leads us deeper into the hospital.

I look down at the tiles on the floor and analyze my surrounds. Almost everything in this hospital is white or a light creamy color. There are a few paintings on the walls of land scapes.

It might be a little childish for me to do this but I step in the squares trying not to step on the lines. Don't judge me.

I look up and we are heading to an elevator. We stop in from of the doors and wait for it to open.

Once it opens all 3 off us enter and Dr. Lee presses floor 3. Classical music plays in the elevator as we just wait in silence. I lean my head back on the wall behind me and take a deep breath.

This all really happened didn't it? I'm still trying to register everything because it all happened too fast.

Finally the a elevator makes a "ding" sound as we arrive to the 3rd floor.

We step off the elevator and follow the doctor to a room not too far away.

Room 313.

He opens the door and steps aside letting Mr. Jeon go in then me. I take another deep breath preparing myself to see Jungkook's physical condition.

I walk in and I see Jungkook laying in a hospital bed. A monitor is beeping next to his bed as an IV is in his arm, flowing helpful liquids into his veins.

Mr. Jeon walks up to his son and stands next to the bed.

"Jungkook why are you so careless?" He asks and shakes his head disappointedly even though he knows he won't get an answer back.

There's two chairs next to the monitor for visitors to sit on so I sit on one. I just stay silent as I see Mr. Jeon whispering things to Jungkook.

I feel really bad, I know it's not my fault but could I have prevented it from happening? If only I left with him out of the room to talk to him he wouldn't have left the house.

I sigh as I put my head in my hands, holding in my tears because I COULD have prevented all this.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I flinch. I look up and Mr. Jeon is looking at me with a small smile. So he speaks.

"Don't beat yourself up about this, he's careless it wasn't your fault."

"But I could have prevented it...." I say quietly and now he sighs.

"Jimin HE could have prevented this but he made that mistake of being too careless about his actions. Don't be mad at yourself alright?" He says as he smiles and takes his hand off my shoulder. I nod.

"I need to go now, I have work with your mother so stay here as long as you want and be careful." Mr. Jeon says and he walks away heading out of the room. I watch him walk until he is fully out of the room.

I stand up and walk to Jungkook's bed. I look at him. I study the way his breathing is. The pattern he's breathing in.

He breathes in, 1 second, 2 second, then breathes out, and all over again.

I pull the chair I was on so I can sit right next to Jungkook's bed. I take his left hand in mine and I lay my head on the bed.

"You sure can be so dumb sometimes." I say as I chuckle sadly.

I lay there for a few minutes, not even noticing that I'm slowly falling asleep.