37

[unedited]

Third Person Pov

The two men sit in silence full of tension. The car drives past a stoplight, people walking on the sidewalks. Couples, singles, and people with their dogs are walking, minding their business outside. Everyone seems happy and satisfied with their life; not one single person looks sad.

Jungkook examines the surrounding as his father drives them to a restaurant. Jungkook was supposed to drive himself in Jimin's car to the restaurant but as you know, his father quickly offered to pick him up instead. He was not going to accept but Jimin forced him to just let him pick him up still afraid of Jungkook driving.

As the awkward silence sits inside the car, Mr. Jeon coughs. His way of starting up a sentence.

"How's it going with Jimin?" Jungkook doesn't spare a glance at his father, still irritated about the phone call they had from before. His gaze is still stuck outside the window as he speaks a one word response.

"Good."

His father sighs and silence fills the air once again.

The sounds of cars honking and police sirens are heard from outside. The sirens are probably from a few blocks away.

Finally after a few more minutes of silence, they pull up into a parking lot in front of a nice looking restaurant. The walls on the outside are light red with golden specs.

As Mr. Jeon and his son exit the car they head to the entrance of the restaurant.

It's clear from a mile away that Jungkook will probably end up not enjoying this. There's a 99% chance it will happen. Jungkook has that feeling, he just knows how it'll end.

The two walk in and a woman with a messy bun wearing a simple dark blue dress is at the front counter. She was writing on a piece of paper until she looks up at them once they step inside. She smiles and leads them to an empty booth seat after Mr. Jeon tells her it's only a party of two.

As Jungkook sits across from his father at their table, the waitress gives them each a menu to look at. She stands at the end of the table and pulls out a pen and a small notepad. Her name tag on the right top of her dress reads Jihyo.

"Are you guys ready for a drink or do you guys want to have a look at the menu?" She asks nicely, a smile shown on her lips.

Jungkook flips through the menu looking for a drink as his father speaks up, his voice calm.

"A beer please." The waitress nods smiling as she writes down the order. She then looks at Jungkook and Jungkook looks back up at her.

"I'll just get water."

She smiles as she nods and also writes that down in her notepad. Once she finishes, she closes it and puts it in her pocket along with the pen.

"My name is Jihyo and if you need anything else you can always raise your hand or wait for me to come back to check on you." She smiles wide and turns around to walk away. Probably towards the kitchen.

Jungkook sighs and leans back onto the booth seat, his legs are spread out wide under the table. Mr. Jeon looks at his son earnestly.

"Are you still hooking up?"

Jungkook's eyes shoot open and he feels anger filling his body. He fists his hands under the table trying to keep his anger within him. Jungkook just hates how his father always brings this up.

From looking at the dark brown ceiling he looks straight at his dad sharply. He definitely didn't expect the first conversation here to be about this.