1. The Feelings

SERAFINA POV:

SERAFINA POV:

Cold.

That's all I feel.

Pain.

That's all I feel.

Tired.

That's all I feel.

"DO NOT FALL ASLEEP!"

It sounds so close yet so far.

"OPEN YOUR EYES"

I try so hard but I get nothing in return. That was until I felt a burning sensation on my leg and that was all it took for my eyes to snap open and scream my head off.

I look down while panting and there it was, a new mark, a branding given to me by my so called mother while my father laughs watching.

You see, my name is Serafina Riot Carson or at least that is what I was told. I am turning 5 tomorrow and they thought it'd be a good idea to gift me with a present. One that I could never forget. Literally. All I have to do is look at my leg and there it is, a burn so big it covers half my leg.

Wondering why the hell my parents are doing this to me? Beats me. Ever since I was three they have made it their mission to hurt me. Abuse me. Torture me. And for what end? None really, it's for their own personal fun.

When I was born they were supposedly thrilled and loved me more than anything in the world. As I'm panting trying to catch my breath while they are laughing I can't help but to wonder where did it all go? You must think it's only because they drink and do drugs but nope. They drink but never to the point where their drunk like no tomorrow and the only drugs they use are the ones to drug me up.

They hate me. Why?

Apparently I'm not their daughter. They want nothing to do with me. Why? Because my eyes and my skills. Instead inheriting my mother's dark blue eyes or my fathers light green I got one hazel and one forest green. Apparently it's a disorder or something I don't really know.

Another reasons is that I'm smart. Smarter than any other four year old out there. They have performed tests on me and figured out I have a 168 IQ with photographic and audio-graphic memory. So everything I see and hear is permanently stuck in my little head. And that was too much for them. I was too much for them. I was too smart. It didn't make sense when my fathers job was with his cousin at a restaurant and my mother who just likes to spend money on anything.

I am not like them. And they didn't like that.

Tomorrow, a day everyone knows as a birthday will be the day I know as my salvation. It is finally time. Time to escape this hell and get away from these abusers.

Then I felt it.

I felt all the happiness I could knowing tomorrow I would be able to get out. I could live without the constant pain inflicted on me 5 hours a day. A smile, a genuine smile made it to my face and I regretted it in that instant.

I heard them gasp. I haven't smiled in two years so it was a shock to both of them, but most of all, they hated it. They hated me having happiness.. so what do they do? Beat it out.

PUNCH

KICK
KICK

PUNCH

WHIP
WHIP
WHIP

PUNCH

BURN
BURN

"YOU DESERVE IT"
"YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A BRAT"
"SELFISH"
"YOU'LL TURN INTO A SLUT"
"YOU ARE NOTHING"
"NO ONE WILL LOVE YOU"

"One day you will realize no one will ever love anyone like you and if they say they do they don't mean it. They are using you. They will treat you however they want. They will NEVER love you."

Three hours. It has been three ongoing hours of them doing there worst trying to break me. What they don't know is that they broke me a long time ago.

I don't show them pain, they want to see me in pain but when it gets too much I have no choice. It makes them furious when I don't scream, cry, beg. No. I will not give them the satisfaction.

KICK
KICK
KICK

*CRACK*

Broken.

They just broke at least two of my ribs. I couldn't cry, scream, I just sat there holding on to my side with my eyes wide and mouth open trying to process what happened.

*BANG*

They left.

They left me here on the basement floor, wheezing, bleeding, dying?

It was not the first time they've broken something but it is the first time they didn't say anything. Usually when they break something their eyes flash with pity and they will ask if it is bad but not this time. No.

I felt it all then.

I cried so hard my head started to pound.

I couldn't take it. And that's when I felt the darkness rising up. I tried to fight it, I need to stay awake in case they return but it was no use.

The darkness came and took it all away.

I went to a place where I could practically feel happiness radiating off the floor. Then I saw them.

My grandparents.

They aren't dead no. But they weren't aloud to see me when they tried to help me.

I ran to them and they welcomed me with open arms.

"Hello my darling"
"Hey fiammetta"

I smiled at the nickname my papa gave me. It means little fiery one in Italian. He always said once I was older there'd be no stopping me.

"Hi mama. Papa. Is it time?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed and head tilted.

"No Bella"
"You need to wake up and get out of there"
"You need to escape and live, you're so young. When you are older find us"
"We love you fiammetta, but we must go"

"Already?" Some tears slipped.

My grandparents looked at each other and smiled, they wiped my tears and kissed my forehead.

"Si, but we wanted to tell you that you can do it. We believe in you"

They started to disappear and I only heard them as a whisper now but I heard him.

"Live fiammetta"

Slowly my eyes opened. The light from the small hole in the wall was showing it is daytime. It is my birthday. It is the day I escape. And with that my determination went higher and I got up. Ignoring all the pain I got up and was ready to get out.

'Lets do this Riot'

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

You guys I know it's called Heterochromia iridum and I know it's not a disorder. However that is what her parents told her and what she thinks. I'm not saying people with it has a disorder it's just part of the story.