23. Late Night

SERAFINA POV:

SERAFINA POV:

Looking at my family during dinner I sighed, tonight I'd have to go out and the only way to do that was to make sure they wouldn't know. I didn't want to leave for even 10 minutes but I needed to deal with a problem.

Failing to cover my troubled face my Uncle Carmelo frowned, "Princess? Are you okay?" He asked gaining everyone's attention.

Nodding my head I smiled, "Yes I'm just thinking. And a bit tired." I replied softly.

"May we ask about what? It seems to be troubling you." He asked hesitantly.

I looked at everyone's curious faces and sighed, "My, um well my fake grandparents I guess as you could call them from Scotland." I said truthfully.

"Oh yes, you told us about them when you first came. They tried protecting you right? We certainly owe them." My mom said thankfully.

I chuckled humorlessly, "You owe them nothing." I said simply drinking my water.

Everyone looked confused but my dad just studied me, "And why is that prinicpessa? Didn't you say they tried to take you away from them?" He asked carefully.

"Yes." I shrugged.

He hummed and shook his head, "You didn't answer me baby. So do tell." He said leaning back.

We held heavy eye contact for a few minutes while everyone looked back and forth between us. I could tell they were surprised anyone would be easily imitated but not me.

Deciding to back down before I do something dumb I took another sip of water. He waited patiently and I looked in his eyes, "Kind of stupid to reward the people who helped steal your daughter from you. No?" I asked with a raised brow.

Everyone stiffened and the room literally turned cold but I just sat there watching my dad.

"What are you talking about? I don't understand. Petro took you didn't he? Was he with you?" My mom asked angrily.

"He was and he wasn't." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Angel eyes. Answer us and stopped giving us clipped answers. Please? We just want to help." Valen pleaded.

I looked at my food and picked at it, "I won't talk about everything that happened during those two years. I'm not ready, but I'll share what I can. Petro had me for two months... alone. After that he, well you could say he gave me to some people he trusted because he knew you guys were watching him. I only saw him once after that but he called all the time." I told them softly.

"Who did he leave you with?" My grandfather growled.

"Surprisingly, my fake grandparents. Turns out they are his Aunt and Uncle, Adaline's parents. Greetings did not go well." I chuckled.