69. My Sister

SERAFINA POV:

SERAFINA POV:

Daegan leaned in and I felt myself leaning forward as well, I closed my eyes and I felt our lips meet.

He placed a small kiss on my lips but before it went any further I leaned back with my eyes closed, "Dae- we can't." I whispered and finally opened my eyes.

His blue- more gray eyes opened as he smiled sadly cupping one of my cheeks, "I know firefly, but you can't let that get to you either." He mumbled as his thumb caressed my cheek.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I protested stubbornly.

He chuckled lowly and I smiled unconsciously, "Stubborn as always firefly but you know what I'm talking about." He moved a strand of hair behind my ear.

"It was drilled into me Daegan. I can't help it." I whispered looking down.

His fingers lifted my face gently, "You aren't his Serafina- you don't belong to anyone but yourself. What you went through as a child was terrible but you can't let him get to you or how you choose to live your life." He spoke softly.

"I know that and I'm not, but now his son is apparently in love with me and he is worse than his father. He almost k-killed my entire family Dae." My voice cracked.

He frowned, "Don't worry firefly... he won't hurt you or your family again. We will take care of it together and he'll get what he deserves." He promised kissing my hand.

I scoffed, "He isn't stupid Dae. He will have plan after plan and won't give up until he's dead or has me with him. Anyone close to me ends up hurt or dead- it can't be you. He will do it." I sighed.

Daegan narrowed his eyes, "Pietro coming after me doesn't scare me. But he won't have you Serafina. He may try but in the end he will wish he never touched you. That he never hurt you." He said surely.

I was about to speak when I saw something from a distance out my window.

"What is it?" Dae asked from behind me.

I got up and squinted to see someone was in the secret garden, but they were hiding. They put something down near a large stone and I gasped running out of my room.

"Firefly!" He shouted running after me.

Ignoring him, I sprinted through the castle trying to make my way there as fast as I could.

"What's going on?"

"Princess!"

"Topolina!"

"Peanut?"

My feet pounded and my breathing was getting heavier by the second- 'No please' I thought.

Everyone was shouting at me to stop, but I kept going, he can't do this.