2. Perfect Timing

SERAFINA POV:

SERAFINA POV:

Timing.

One thing I've learned while trapped in the basement with only a small hole in the wall is timing.

Everyday at 7am I crawl up the stairs out of my cell only to wash my hands and make them their breakfast before they get up at 8am.

Everyday at 7:45 I go back to my "room" also known as the basement and wait until I hear the bang.

Everyday at 9am I hear the front door open and shut with a loud bang. Work. Or whatever they go out to do.

They leave at 10 and do not come back for seven hours sometimes eight if I'm lucky. And today. I'm feeling lucky.

5 hours.

I only have 5 hours if I want to make it out and get a good distance between myself and those so called parents of mine.

Two years. I haven't been outside the house in two years. They lock all the doors and I don't usually have enough strength to open the windows so they don't care about those.

Only today, they should have.

*BANG*

There is was. My signal.

Timing. I always wait an extra ten minutes after the bang to make sure they are not coming back. If they see me before they leave it won't be a pretty picture.

The only reason they let me go up when they aren't here is to clean. That's right. A five year old girl cleaning a five bedroom three and a half bathroom house.

Why do I still in the basement when there is plenty of room? I have no idea other than they are selfish.

My "mother" has a room just for her as a closet and my father has another room as his office while the other two rooms are guest rooms. I am not allowed to sleep on a bed or stay in any of them rooms other than the basement which is known as mine.

Most of the time I take as long as I can to clean because it is the only time I have away from them and that room.

But today there will be no cleaning. Today will be about the perfect timing I have to escape this hell hole.

It has been at least twenty minutes now so I crawled up the stairs since I can't really walk up them with my ribs terrorizing me.

I look in my mother and fathers room for a bag. Anything I can use to carry the little clothes I have along with some necessities.

I found a black backpack in my father closet and went back downstairs to collect my 3 shirts and 2 sweat pants. I put on my black jeans with a clean blue T-shirt and a black jacket with some blue converse since they are the only shoes I have.

Necessities.

I put a tooth brush along with my brush and hair ties and went to the kitchen to grab as many granola bars and waters I could to fit in my backpack without it being heavy.