87. Four Hearts

SERAFINA POV:

SERAFINA POV:

I sighed sitting in the garden and threw a small rock watching it fall into the fountain. It sank to the bottom and I sallowed knowing that's what would've happened to Valen. The tide was up that night, it would've pulled him under if he didn't already hit rocks on the way down.

I haven't really talked to anyone yet and I don't want to either, I feel so sad.

Everything seems... dull.

I heard shuffling and blinked seeing all my friends sitting around me.

"Hi," I mumbled quietly.

"Uva pequena, we're worried." Aidan frowned.

"I'm sorry," I said suddenly feeling guilty.

Everyone looked at me worriedly, "Serafina that's not something to apologize for... why would you say you're sorry?" He asked confused.

"It's my fault you're concerned. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you worry about me, I'm okay." I played with my fingers.

"Lavender that's not how it works, you don't need to be sorry for anything. We worry about you because we care about you." Joshua titled his head slightly.

I nodded and started picking at the grass, what's the point of caring about me? Apparently I'm not worth it, I don't deserve it, and I don't need it.

"Do you know what today is?" Pepper asked looking around.

...

"No?" I said confused.

She clapped, "It's cheer up Serafina day! We're going to the game room, love grab her." She ordered.

Aidan grinned and threw me over his shoulder ignoring my yells.

"Put me down!" I hit his back.

He laughed, "No can do," he sang out and started running.

"Aidan!" I laughed holding on tight.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear anything!" He denied and kept running.

He threw me on a beanbag in the game room and I grunted throwing a pillow at him.

"Just because you're tall doesn't mean you can carry or drag me around like a rag doll." I pouted crossing my arms.

He jumped on me and kissed my head, "What's the point of having a small best friend then? It's part of all the fun." He hugged me for dear life, "I would just die without annoying you." He teased.

"Annoy? I'll annoy you." I hissed and tackled him.

He fell back in the floor with me in top and we started wrestling. He got me in a headlock but I poked his side and he squeaked making me laugh.