24. The Field

SERAFINA POV:

SERAFINA POV:

Yawning I opened my eyes and turned to see both of my parents still sleeping. Getting out of bed careful not to wake them I stretched.

8:36 AM

Looking at the clock surprised I blinked and rubbed my eyes, I'm sure everyone is still sleeping either from the chloroform or just having a late night.

I walked out the room and softly closed the door and went to mine to get ready for whatever today holds.

Going downstairs 30 minutes later I heard small chatter coming from the dinning and room and peeked in to see my grandparents and my uncles. They seemed on be having a conversation with someone on the phone so I stayed quiet.

"You will be there yes?" My grandfather asked emotionlessly.

"Yes. We will be. We will do what we can to help." The deep voice replied.

I furrowed my brows but before they finished the conversation I walked away, I knew that voice. It was the person that told Petro he would regret taking me. I never saw his face or heard his name but I knew his voice because he came again after that.

My feet kept moving and I somehow ended up in the kitchen and decided to make some food since it relaxed me.

I went to the cabinets and fridge to start pulling out ingredients for waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. I know it seems like a lot of work but with this kitchen I could have the food done for everyone in maybe an hour.

Moving around I took out the waffle maker and mixed the batter while grabbing some blueberries to add in some of them. I started the bacon and sausage since it was frozen and next the hash browns while the pancakes cooked. I flipped the food and started thinking about everything, I guess my mind couldn't get off of it.

At that point my body was on auto pilot and didn't even register what I was doing. After about 50 minutes all the food except eggs were done since I wanted to do those last. I cleaned up a bit and beat the eggs and added them into the pan to scramble them. Plating them I moved back to the stove and turned everything off, while doing so my mind went to the day the mysterious person came back.

*FLASHBACK*

It's been a week after I found out Petro was drugging me and sadly to say it was still happening. I refused to drink the water, eat the food, and the only reaction I got in return was him just injecting it with a syringe. I try my hardest to fight against it but I failed.

I was laying on the mat not moving because I was honestly exhausted, I've been trying to stay up and fight him off but I'm getting tired fast. I closed my eyes and fell asleep but it didn't feel like it. I felt awake just not in control of my body and it sucked.