41. Your Forgiveness

VALENTINO POV:

VALENTINO POV:

I banged my head on my shower wall cursing myself for what I did yesterday. The hot water ran down my back most likely turning my skin a bright red but I didn't care. I started punching the wall over and over again until the water itself turned blood red. My knuckles were pretty busted up and hurt but not as much as I hurt her.

Getting dressed I walked out of my room and down to the dining room for lunch. Everyone was there but I didn't acknowledge anyone and they didn't bother. While sitting I looked at her only to frown and look away since I know I did that. She was starring into space and had bag under her eyes and her cheeks, nose, and eyes were red. I knew that happens when she cries and I wanted to hurt myself again for doing that to her.

"Princess, did you sleep last night?" Dad asked her quietly.

She shrugged her shoulders and he sighed looking at mom sharing a worried look.

My eyes went down as I felt even more guilty for causing her pain. I know I shouldn't have done anything of that especially after what I told her but it just happened.

I had to do it.

When I woke up and she was gone I got scared thinking she had left again. I was also pissed because she promised she wouldn't leave us again. I got up to look for her but I didn't find her anywhere in the castle. I thought maybe she went back to my room and when I got there I found a note on my bed. Thinking it was from her I opened it and paled at what it said.

Valentino,

You don't know who I am but you will soon. Serafina has been bringing too much attention to the Donatello family name so I am going to get rid of her. She may be the princess but this family is more important than her, her actions have been hurting someone I care deeply about so it has to stop. The reason I am telling you this is because you can save her.

How?

Hurt her.

You are someone she loves dearly, more than anyone else and if you hurt her she will break. She doesn't have to break completely but she needs to be gone. If you do this and she leaves to be with those friends of hers then I won't kill her. You have a few days to get her to leave or I go through with my plan.

The choice is yours.

You will want to choose carefully."

After reading it I was so confused on what to do because I could never hurt her on purpose. Hurting her would hurt me more than anything but I knew I had to. Deciding to wait for the morning I took some pills I found in an old jacket and just let it control me. It fucking sucked because in my mind I didn't want anything to happen. I honestly didn't mean to hit her... it was only an accident when I was trying to get her off. When it happened I kind of snapped gaining some control back but I still couldn't do anything. I don't deserve her forgiveness. When she said she... she didn't love me I swore my heart broke into a million fucking pieces. I felt my chest gain a huge weight but what could I do? Let her die? I don't know who this person is and if I went to the wrong for help this person they could kill her. I know I could go to dad or my brothers but it would be the most suspicious thing after I received the note so I needed a plan.