12. Igniting the Flame

SERAFINA POV:

SERAFINA POV:

The doors opened and a bright light went on us. My breathing picked up a little since I personally did not expect so many people to be here but I also forgot about how big their family is. I looked up and saw everyone had a cold face on but Gianna softened when she saw my fearful state.

Each of my brothers went down two at a time with Leonardo and Santino being last since they are the oldest. It was now our turn to go down and literally every eye was glued to me and I was so uncomfortable. I had this feeling something bad would happen but I tuned it out when I felt two hands grab mine.

"Remember Serafina you are a princess, you shall be treated as such. Head up. Everything will be okay." Sandro said while Gigi kissed my hand.

We walked down the stairs elegantly while people bowed their heads in respect and got appreciated nods in return. We made our way directly to the front of the hall since Sandro told me that their family wanted to meet me last so they could spend as much time as they wanted with me. Gigi and Sandro went up first while Leonardo helped me sit on the chair that looked like a mini throne.

I watched patiently as everyone waited for Alessandro to talk, "Sit." he paused "Good evening everyone, I want to give my thanks to everyone who could make it. Tonight is a special night as it is the night the world will meet my daughter." He gestured to me and I blushed tomato red, I could hear a few awwws while some people in the front just looked stunned. He turned back to the crowd,  "I would love to introduce Serafina Riot la principessa mafiosa." (Italian "The mafia princess") Everyone cheered or clapped and in return made me beam. "Grazie. Now I want everyone to enjoy tonight and proper introductions will be made. Enjoy the food and drinks." (Italian "Thank you.") He stated back in his business mode and sat down while people started serving the food.

*TIME SKIP*

After the food and the dessert was served the boys introduced me to some of their cousins. While the adults talked business I was sat on Leonardo's lap watching the boys make bets on who could eat the most jalapeños. We all laughed when two of their cousins and Stefano started coughing loudly while shedding some not so manly tears.

"See topolina boys are absolutely dumb. Don't you agree." Leonardo asked gaining everyone's attention.

I hummed and tapped my chin, "Yeah you're right. Boy's are dumb. I hope you get smarter." And I patted his head. He gasped, "What does that mean?" I looked at him with pitiful eyes and sighed, "See this is what I mean. You said boys are dumb. And you're a boy so I said I hope you get smarter." I explained slowly.

There was a roar of laughter from around the table, "You tell him baby!" Santino yelled high giving me.

I heard sniffles and saw Leonardo pouting and teary eyes, I know he was joking but I went along. "I sorry bubba I didn't mean it. You're super smart." I said and kissed his cheek which made him smirk at all the jealous boys.