68. See Her

THIRD PERSON POV:

THIRD PERSON POV:

Serafina rolled her eyes listening to Dr. Eena pester her about her knee. Aidan convinced her to go to the infirmary after all with a fruit snacks bribery.

"You will have to wear shorts most of the time. This brace needs skin contact- it will help it heal faster unlike others you put over clothes. If you follow directions it will be good to go in a few days. It's one of the benefits of your family's laboratories. But I mean it- only skin contact. Do you understand?" Dr. Eena asked Serafina who groaned.

"Do I have to wear shorts? I can't wear it over? If it takes longer then so be it." She crossed her arms stubbornly.

Dr.Eena sighed, "If you can give me an actual reason why you don't want to do this then maybe I'll actually consider it." She said pointedly.

Serafina hoped off the bed, "Don't worry. I have spandex shorts on." She said before taking off her jeans.

Dr. Eena titled her head, "You don't want to wear the brace because of a tattoo? Does the family not know about it?" She asked confused.

"They do- but I stopped showing it off or wearing shorts anymore. I keep it hidden." Serafina replied climbing back on the bed.

"Why?" She asked curiously.

Serafina frowned, "I got the tattoo for me... it covers a few scars but that's not the reason I got it- still a plus I guess. Anyways whenever I would wear shorts or skirts sometimes and some dumb male would always mess it up. They'd over sexualize it and myself so I just didn't want to show it anymore. I can't even count how many times I've had to beat up guys at the gym or the underground." She told the Dr exasperated.

Dr. Eena hummed, "Serafina we both know you're not the kind to care what other people think. Don't let a few males of the dumbest species ruin something you love. That tattoo means more to you than what you're saying and you should be proud of it okay?" She smiled, "Now let's get this brace on quickly. You will wear it until I say you can take it off." She told her sternly with no room for argument.

Once the brace was on Serafina went through her tunnels to get to her room. She changed into some jean shorts and one of Val's t-shirts before going down for lunch.

"Still limping?" Max asked coming from behind her.

She rolled her eyes turning to him, "Maxi. It was literally this morning. Am I supposed to heal in the snap of a finger?" She questioned sarcastically.

He chuckled, "No but I like annoying you." He smirked before picking her up.

"Thanks Maxi." She whispered putting her head on his shoulder.

He kissed her head, "Of course little one. You know all you have to do is ask for help. It's not going to kill you." He teased making her slap his chest.