73. Bad Feeling

LEONARDO POV:

LEONARDO POV:

I groaned, "Cypress if you do not get back in your tank you will be in big trouble." I narrowed my eyes at the pink snake by the door. Cypress hissed at me, "Alright you have 30 seconds to get back in! I'm not playing games anymore!" I tapped my foot with my arms crossed.

Gosh I feel like a mom.

His head moved forward like he was challenging me and I scoffed in disbelief.

"Do you want to me bring Lotus out? She will be very upset with you." I warned.

Lotus was my favorite snake, she was an all matte black color and listened well. When Cypress was still in his egg his mother died and surprisingly Lotus took the role to nurture him. She kept his egg safe and warm until he hatched and took care of him for about two weeks. In nature it is normal for mother snakes to either abandon their babies at birth or a few weeks after their born or until their first shed. The reason for it is most snakes become independent right after birth, even if they stayed with their mother they have to catch their own food. Cypress was the same but I think he felt a bit of comfort with Lotus around. Even now she will hiss at him and it's like when my mother scolds us and his head goes down low.

Cypress hissed at me again- this annoying serpent I swear!

"Fine." I spat, "Have it your way." I narrowed my eyes turning to a certain tank.

I grabbed Lotus who hissed softly, "Lotus. Cypress is not listening. He needs to stay in his tank." I told her setting her on the floor.

Her head moved in every direction until it landed on a certain pink ball. She moved slowly but stopped a few feet away and hissed picking herself up making herself tall. Cypress put his head down but hissed back trying his limits which didn't make her happy. She striked with her mouth closed and he curled back into a ball. With one last hiss Cypress slithered to his tank and I picked him up and closed the top quickly. He moved into a ball in the corner and looked away from me- basically giving me serpent attitude. Lotus circled around my leg and I smiled picking her up and took her to her own home.

"Thank you Lotus. You're such a good girl, I'll bring you an extra snack when I come back." I cooed and she moved her head slightly.

"You're such a cutie." I gushed and closed her tank.

Walking to her room I knocked on the door before peeking in and saw her still asleep. I smiled and walked towards her and rubbed her back soothingly.

"Topolina it's time to wake up." I said softly.

She groaned into her pillow, "I need a new lock for my door. Too many people are always waking me up in the early morning hours." Her words came out muffled.

"Topolina, it's..." my eyes squinted at the clock, "it's 12:53pm. You call that early morning hours?" I asked amused.

Her head jerked up to look at the clock, "Oh biscuits, this is a joke right? Leo did you change my clock... Change it back." She muttered and got comfortable again.