59. Riddle Me This

JOSHUA POV:

JOSHUA POV:

Raphael and I watched her walk up the the step in the jet hesitantly.

She looked really good in the outfit and I missed her after all these years.

"She should be crying in pain from that cut or limping at the most." Raphael muttered quietly.

I sighed, "She was abused and tortured as a child remember? That probably felt like a small graze to her. Pain is nothing new to her." I replied sadly.

"How did you find out?" He asked shocked.

"Uh- when I was about nine I was kidnapped and taken to an auction house in Greece. She showed up and recognized me because of my Uncle. She brought me home with them until Uncle Carson showed up and I haven't seen her since." I explained starting the car.

He smiled fondly out of the corner of my eye but frowned suddenly, "Why did you tell me before?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"I don't know. It never really came up and after that happened I sort of just forgot about it until today." I sighed.

He nodded, "Understandable. Just if you need to talk I'm here." He offered.

"Aww- shut up." I glared at him.

We both laughed together and I drove to my Uncle's mansion to see if those brats are dead yet. My little cousins are always getting in trouble and having to leave parties early so I like teasing them.

"Did you see her eyes? They were absolutely-"

"Stunning." I finished for him.

"Exactly." He smiled looking away.

I felt a weird tug in my heart- I didn't know what it was but I didn't like it.

I wanted her to be mine.

When I was younger I always asked my parents or my uncle to take me to Italy so I could see her but they didn't. I always wanted to be around her and now that I've seen her, the same feeling is coming back. After a few years of asking I kind of gave up and forgot about it entirely even though deep down I wished to see her.

I pulled up to the mansion and smirked a little seeing my cousins cars in the driveway.

"They're in deep shit." Raphael laughed.

"They weren't even there for an hour. Damn that's a new record." I smirked shutting the door to the car.

We walked into the mansion as the guards bowed their heads at us in respect.

"What were you thinking?" I heard Uncle Carson's voice boom through the halls.

I pressed my lips tightly together to stop myself from laughing and Raphael was doing the same. My cousins were sitting on the floor and frowning like puppies as they got scolded.