80. a lot to think about

80. a lot to think about

 a lot to think about

MILO

      'PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF,' HE MUMBLED into Quinn's shoulder, holding her as tightly as he could. He was happy she had been given a job, found purpose in the chaos because it was obvious to anyone with eyes that she was struggling to adapt in their new found home. He just wished it could've been a job inside the walls. Part of him knew it was selfish to wish her skills didn't include painting, building or teaching. She was good out there, a whole better than he was. He should be happy that after all this time she finally found a purpose. Still, being her brother meant he was going to worry no matter what.

She untangled herself from his grasp and flashed him that half annoyed, half teasing smile that he loved so much. 'You know I will,' she replied.

Slowly he nodded. 'Yeah,' he mumbled, trying his hardest to ignore the lingering pit in his stomach. He took in the sight of her once again, he knew every detail of her face and yet he was afraid he would forget the very color of her eyes the moment she walked out of those gates. Before he could form any more words, she had already turned around and headed towards the car.

Aaron was patiently waiting behind the wheel, offering Milo a reassuring smile before starting the engine. His gaze wondered over to Daryl getting on his motorcycle. The hunter felt Milo's gaze burning on his back and threw a glare over his shoulder. Milo must've looked worried because Daryl nodded curtly at him, a silent promise to watch out over his sister. Then he looked forwards and drove out of the opened gate, followed by the dusty red car with Aaron and Quinn inside. Rosita, being given the job of guarding Alexandria's fences, closed the gate behind them, taking them out of sight.