Chapter 8

Jennie's POV

"Jennie Unnie, are you alright?" 

Those were the the words that Chaeyoung firstly asked when I arrived at school.

"Um yes, Chaeyoung-ah." I raised a brow at her, telling her that I'm confused. She just asked me this out of nowhere and hell did I know how to react.

"Then why are you hanging out with her?" She said full of spite when she pointed at Jisoo who was listening to music through her AirPods behind me.

"That's something I wanna explain to you later." I nervously laughed when she looked at me pointedly.

Chaeng can be scary. And I've only seen her this angry when I took her food one time. I shivered at the thought.

I nudged Jisoo to get her attention and she opened her eyes while removing the earpieces from her ears.

"Yeah?"

"What the hell are you following me around for? Now Chaeng is going to fire me with questions." I let out an exasperated sigh while she only smiled at me. Amused of the situation.

"Chill, Jen. I'll block all those questions for you when she fires them." She said while patting my head gently before taking my hand.

I blushed at the sudden and sweet gesture. She seems to be enjoying this. I feel like there's another meaning to her words which I can't figure out. I just shrugged it off.

"Oh, now your holding hands?!" Chaeyoung went in front of Jisoo and I with a big frown on her face.

I tried pulling my hand away from Jisoo but she only tightened the grip which was painful, I can admit. I whimpered out of pain. She heard my whimper and loosened her grip while soothing it by drawing circles on the top of my hand with the pad of her thumb.

"Sorry." She whispers at me and I shook my head telling her that I'm fine.

"See? You were hurting Jennie Unnie weren't you? You bribed her into this, didn't you?" Chaeyoung accusingly pointed at Jisoo and me with a gasp.

"She's not half wrong." I mumbled to myself for them not to hear but, unfortunately, Jisoo did. She squeezed my hand gently. Saying that she's sorry. Again.

"Tell me Jisoo. You did, didn't you?" Chaeyoung says with a cold expression on her face. Gosh... Chaeyoung is terrifying.

I felt Jisoo shiver indicating that she was affected too. I laughed mentally. Jisoo wasn't someone you could scare easily. She's pretty great at hiding her emotions.

"I-I..." Jisoo stammered as she took a glance at me before lifting her head high in a confident way. "... I did, Park."

Chaeyoung looked at her in surprise before grabbing my other wrist. And Jisoo pulled me closer to her to have more hold on me. Like really close.

"Let her go, Jisoo!" Chaeyoung grunts out. She's barely making me move from Jisoo's warm embrace. She was holding me tight alright but her warmth was making it bearable.

"No thanks, Park." She answered back with a victorious smirk when Chaeyoung stopped.

"Ji-."

Before Chaeyoung could utter another word, Lisa back hugged her just in time to stop her from tackling Jisoo to the ground.

"Lisa, let me go!" Chaeyoung struggled to get out of Lisa's hold. Lisa was secretly enjoying this.

"Go." Lisa mumbles at us and Jisoo didn't waste anytime to get away while she dragged me with her.

We got away far enough like running 3 floors up to the rooftop. That far.

We were panting hard and Jisoo finally let me go as she laid down on the hard concrete floor. I massaged my wrist and sat down beside her.

"I'm exhausted..." Jisoo groaned and I giggled at her words. She positions herself sidewards to look at me and smiled.

"Of course you are." I responded. Not minding her staring at me intensely.

Silence blanketed over us but it wasn't awkward. It was comfortable. We let the cold morning breeze hit our faces and enjoyed the rest of the moment.

I didn't even notice that Jisoo intertwined our hands together if it wasn't for the raindrop that fell from the sky.

"It's gonna rain. Gosh... We really bring rain with us, don't we?" She looked at me with an amused smile before pulling me up with her.

She was about to walk towards the door but stopped when she felt that I wasn't moving.

"Anything wrong, Nini?" She asked in worry and cupped my face. I shook my head and smiled.

"I wanna stay." I told her and her eyebrows met meaning that she was confused.

"Stay here?" She asked as she gestured to the surroundings. "But it's gonna rain hard."

I raised my head to look up at the sky and shrugged. I met her eyes and she gulped.

"I wanna be poured on." I said and pulled her towards the center of the rooftop to let the rain pour down on us better.

I wasn't really focusing on her but the sensation of the rain hitting my face. So I didn't notice that mischievous smile on her face as she wrapped her arm around my waist and stuck our bodies together.

"You wanna be poured on, eh?" She whispered huskily in my ear and the sudden contact in my ear made me shiver.

"Jisoo..." I whimpered out but she only continued to blow hot breaths in my ear.

"I'll pour you all the love you need in this world, Nini."

...